Help regarding buying phone....

ameya.v1989

Disciple
Guys need help in choosing an android for me.I am able to get 2 months old defy for 10.5k from my friend.But little worried about Moto's service centeres in mumbai.
On other side i can buy new SE xperia mini pro sk17i for 15k from local shop instead of that defy . So give some suggestion on what to go for.

Thanks in advance. :)

If you compare Defy vs SE Xperia Mini Pro SK17i hardware wise, then most of the members here will suggest the SE Xperia mini pro.

Here is the comparison:
Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro vs Motorola DEFY

Specs:
Motorola DEFY - Full phone specifications
Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro - Full phone specifications

Tell us your main requirements. What do you expect from the phone?

Choose Xperia if:
You want faster processor for faster performance, better multitasking, better and faster gaming experience, Bravia LED backlit Lighting, Android 2.3 out of the box, 5 MP Camera with LED Flash and 720P video recording, Better music than Defy, Keypad.
Do not choose Xperia if:
You do browsing/watching movies and are uncomfortable in looking at the small screen, You want a phone to be water/dust or pretty much lifeproof.

Choose Defy if:
If you want phone that can withstand anything and everything that happens to it, Waterproof/dustproof phone, Decent processor with bigger screen (.5 inches bigger), Better XDA support, 5MP Camera and LED Flash
Do not choose Defy if:
Want better gaming experience with newer games (this is in comparison to xperia mini's gpu), better camera performance with 720p recording and also good multimedia experience. Of course 720p video recording can be achieved by modding it.

there are some fundamental questions that you need to ask.

1. Do you need a qwerty keypad or not

2. Do you want a slider

Once you answer both these questions you would be able to see the difference between Defy and SE mini pro. Motorola Defy is a great phone - rugged, fast. SE mini pro however has a heavily tweaked android interface and given its 3" screen size it runs really smooth.

Also, there are ample service stations of Motorola in Mumbai. You need not worry about that(plus i am sure Defy would not give you the opportunity to visit a service center)

Small screen wont be a problem for me and i am more into music, phootgraphy and browsing.I dont like to watch movies on mobiles so i think SE sk17i will be a right choice.

Thanks for the help guys.

Winner:

Music: Xperia mini pro

Browsing : Defy

Camera: Tie

(Phonearena says that the Xperia mini pro produces 'muddy and vague' photos and states 'Weak photo and video taking capabilities' as a disadvantage of the phone.

The same site says Defy produces 'Good looking photos'. But i'm calling it a tie since i expect that being an SE phone, it should have a better cam than described in the site, and since the mini has 720p recording (also 'muddy looking'))

Performance(Gaming, general): Xperia mini pro

Durability, build quality: Defy

Messaging: Xperia mini pro

Value: Defy (even better VFM since you are getting a 2 months one for just 10.5k)

OS: Tie (The Xperia has GB out of the box and may get ICS but Defy has much better community support, while devs have struggled to unlock bootloaders and mod Xperia phones).

[/B]Battery life: Defy

So there you have it!

Most of the points covered in the Comparison.

Back