Help needed in configuring the Router for IRIS broadband Bangalore

Parv

Adept
Hello guys,

I've recently changed my ISP from You Broadband to IRIS Broadband (internet from my TV cable operator).
I have a Belkin G wireless router http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=509481
You Broadband was PPPoE type with a user name and password and I was able to configure my router with some help.

However I'm not able to configure the router for IRIS. The internet is through a lan/cat5 cable without any modem.
When connected to laptop via lan port, it displays a message on the lan icon in system tray "Additional log on information may be required". When I click on the icon, it opens the browser with log in page asking for username and password. After entering login details, I get internet access.

I'm not sure if this is PPPoE type or what?? I've tried PPPoE type in router config page, not working for me.

Help on this is really appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi there,
I am not sure if your concern is resolved. I am using same broadbnd too but I am not successful with pppoe settings yet. However do this to use wifi, push the cord in wan port behind your router and set it on DHCP, in wireless encryption choose wpa-psk and aes. Leave everything else as it is.
In order to not to get that sign in page again and again, after you login through that intventum page, click on the dropdown under "internet access" choose "account"account instead and give id and password and login again. In next page click on "subscription preference" radio button and from the tabs you will get an option upon clicking which you can extended the validity of your sign in to any number of days. You wont get a sign in page ever.

Incase you have figured out the pppoe settings please do share.

Back