Help needed for baggage weight issue

deep16

Adept
I am boarding a flight on 6th dec via indigo . The problem is , as i am going for next 1 yr allmost i am taking many wearable items with me which is leading to two stolley bags ( 28 inches and 26 inches ) , i am highly suspecting that tht total weight will be above 20 kgs . how much extra i need to shell out ? My first time so being extra cautious.. :S

And i thought its 100/ kg , :( Indigo's website says that . I was asking if someone can share some experiences in this matter.. Are they very strict in this matter and do they check baggage dimensions also ? one of mine is exceeding by few cms.

domestic travel? can't you purchase the clothes/apparel from the place where u will be itself? coz that might be a bit cheaper and you'll have to carry less luggage while travelling.. which is a PITA..

If you are a frequent traveler or so many claim then you can bully them into accepting the excess weight.

But normally the rates are exorbitant and I suggest you reduce the baggage weight accordingly.

domestic

not a frequent traveller , going for 1 yr allmost , have to take apparels in that way . :( . The place i am going is totally foreign to me and cant risk to take few clothes.

Anybody has previous experience in this matter ?

where are you going? Seriously its too expensive. Why would you want to pay a few hundred bucks just for carrying your stuff.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I have carried more than stipulated weight many a times but have always been with family and the line "other airlines never make us go through this ordeal just for 1 or 2 kilos extra always works" :)

Take enough with you for a week, send the rest via bluedart for 1-2k

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Bluedart surface charges something like 1.2k for 25kg (size of package is also considered)

There is also the option of kingfisher cargo, relatively cheaper than excess baggage

I think you would have to pay mre than 100bucks. the amount is based on the sector/zone in which u are traveling.

On another note.... I am paying 30USD per KG in Singapore:mad:

You are allowed to carry Luggage 20 KG + maximum weight not exceeding 8.0 KG (Including bag) and not exceeding length 55cm + width 35cm + height 25cm = total 115 cm in size.

So, You do not need to worry about your baggage if it s not exceeding 28 KG.

Take whatever is necessary for a month going around 8kg with all valuables in the cabin luggage. The rest of the clothes you can send it via any surface couriers (DTDC,Gati, DHL). You will save a hell lot of money and will enjoy traveling as well :)

After a month when you receive your package, spend the rest of the year relishing on Ur favorite jeans/jackets/shirts etc etc... :)

vercetti said:
I think you would have to pay mre than 100bucks. the amount is based on the sector/zone in which u are traveling.

On another note.... I am paying 30USD per KG in Singapore:mad:

You are a reech b33ch so u can cough up so much. Ona side note i have carried 33kgs from NZ to India when my allowed luggage was 20 kgs and did not pay not even a single dollar :p

OP use some courier/ cargo service and take ur stuff , its a blunder if u pay 100INR/kg to the airlines.

Metalspree said:
You are a reech b33ch so u can cough up so much. Ona side note i have carried 33kgs from NZ to India when my allowed luggage was 20 kgs and did not pay not even a single dollar :p

OP use some courier/ cargo service and take ur stuff , its a blunder if u pay 100INR/kg to the airlines.

size varies depending upon the person :p

Back