PC Peripherals Help me to get better speed

arindam88

Disciple
I hope that the post is not rejected on the ground of being very elementary. Well, here goes. I am having P-IV, 266 MHZ, 128MB RAM machine at home. The speed of the machine bothers me. I think either there is too much of software or the RAM is less. Any suggestions?

arindam88 said:
I hope that the post is not rejected on the ground of being very elementary. Well, here goes. I am having P-IV, 266 MHZ, 128MB RAM machine at home. The speed of the machine bothers me. I think either there is too much of software or the RAM is less. Any suggestions?

First off, get your CPU right. There is no P4 that runs at 266Mhz. The slowest one was 1.3Ghz.

Also, get more RAM.. cheapest and easiest way to get more speed. More info though.. what chipset? What RAM? What HDD? OS?

And add to that tweak your OS as much as possible. If its XP, i dunno how you survived on 128Mb. Hence get ram, it's cheap these days :)

arre he probably means that he has a P4 and the 128MB RAM at 266MHz.

First things first, if it i XP then get the RAM upto 256 asap if you want improvements in speed. everything else comes after that.

Thanx for the tips guys. Well as far I remember it is 2.8GHz with Win XP Professional. I will upgrade the RAM. What are the tweaks?

Back