Budget 21-30k Help me select a 27" 1440p IPS monitor

DigitalDude

Skilled
My current display is Dell U2312HM which is more than a decade old. currently it is occasionally turning off and on (maybe due to Chennai heat as the problem is not there when the AC is running). So I have planned to upgrade to a 27" 1440p IPS monitor with higher refresh rate and other features. Can stretch the budget slightly more than 30k if necessary. Better stand would be neat as I don't use a mounting arm.

My major use is for watching YouTube, Coding and Writing. Very rarely play any games nowadays :(

I have shortlisted a few models but suggest any other that you feel is better or different. I will only be using a Nvidia GPU

The models I have shortlisted are:
Dell UltraSharp U2724D,
LG Ultragear 27GP850,
Gigabyte M27Q Rev 2.0,
Asus TUF VG27AQ3A,
BenQ Mobiuz EX2710Q,
Acer Nitro Xv272U V3

I bought Acer Nitro Xv272U V3 and it is VFM monitor for 17k.
Do check out this thread.

I will try to give some guidance from my knowledge of monitors :p
I think 30k is a bit high to spend on a 27 inch monitor. You can get 4k 32 inch monitors for that price. (BenQ EW3270U, or better ones at 35k range). I am using a 32 inch for more than an year now and the screen real estate is really good for working.

This is how i will order your choices, according to how good they are : (price is given in the brackets)
1. LG Ultragear 27GP850 - Great monitor. My friend has it and I have used it. I have also used the smaller 24 inch 1080p 24GN65R for 1 year, no complaints. (31.5k) (1 ms response time, 400 nits)
2. Dell UltraSharp U2724D - Great monitor from what i see in the reviews. Don't have personal exp with dell monitors (30k)
3. BenQ Mobiuz EX2710Q - Great panel. Good company, they usually make robust displays. I don't like that the brightness is a bit less (250 nits), also can not be pivoted to left and right like the above two ones. (31k)
4. Gigabyte M27Q Rev 2.0 - I feel gigabyte monitors are average. My friend has a G24F (24 inch 1080p), it's cheap and pretty average. I am currently using a Gigabyte 32QC for the last 1.5 years. Nothing spectacular about it. Gets the job done... (26.6k)
5. Asus TUF VG27AQ3A - I don't have personal exp with asus monitors but from what i have heard Asus tuf doesnt make that great ones. I think this is overpriced to the competition, from a review i checked. (30k)
6. Acer Nitro Xv272U V3 - the cheapest one and quality will be lower compared to the others. It is a very good budget choice. (17k)
I am actually not sure how this is so cheap. Even the doc i shared at the end from 2022 has it's price as 24k...

Above list is just an order of performance, im not considering price for it. Personally i would buy the Acer Nitro Xv272U V3 since it is so cheap and still delivers like 80% of the other ones.. Honestly you will not notice the difference between these panels easily.
OR buy a 4k 32 inch like i mentioned...

From the above list, you should buy the LG Ultragear 27GP850 since it is the best, if money is no concern... Has a very good brightness, 400 nits and peak of 470. Beats everything else in terms of raw specs, the monitor stand is also really good.
I used to watch 'Type c tech reviews' on youtube and he tested this monitor.. I believe it was actually 1 ms response time like the manufacturer mentioned, unlike 90% monitors where that's not the case. Usually 5 ms will be like 10 ms when it is tested... But since you mentioned you dont game that much, it's not something to care about that much.

The top three are on a level higher than the bottom three.
I like displays which can be tilted, height adjusted and pivoted with their stock monitor stands... In this price range those are a must. Do check it before buying...

You can use this site if you want check specs - www.displayspecifications.com
For reviews use youtube, rtings, pcmonitors.info, or some other sites like pcmag, tomshardware.

You can check this doc for some details... Not my list....
Also one last thing, i think you can get better prices if you wait for some sale... I dont think the prices right now are that good, except for the acer one, thats a good price. (I bought my LG 24GN65R for 17k in 2022 :pensive:)

Last edited:
Acer XV272U V3 will do the job whatever your use case is, it is priced really well. IMO small improvements in quality won't be observed by most. Like MSI MAG 27QRF-QD is definitely a better monitor, but unless compared side by side, you will never know.

Get Gigabyte M27Q rev 2.0 for the KVM switch, if you will use 2 systems on it, like a personal PC & office laptop.

I will not recommend LG 27GP850, in fact ask you to stay away from it because you aren't a gamer + it is expensive + its low contrast ratio can be observed by some, I mean I can notice if an IPS monitor has 800:1 contrast ratio vs 1000:1 contrast ratio, but not everyone can.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/tool...rev-2-0/24452/34719?usage=3623&threshold=0.10

At 30k, you get 27" 4K monitors as well, your call if you want to get a 4K monitor.

I will try to give some guidance from my knowledge of monitors :p
I think 30k is a bit high to spend on a 27 inch monitor. You can get 4k 32 inch monitors for that price. (BenQ EW3270U, or better ones at 35k range)

This is how i will order your choices, according to how good they are : (price is given in the brackets)
1. LG Ultragear 27GP850 - Great monitor. My friend has it and I have used it. I have also used the smaller 24 inch 1080p 24GN65R for 1 year, no complaints. (31.5k) (1 ms response time, 400 nits)
2. Dell UltraSharp U2724D - Great monitor from what i see in the reviews. Don't have personal exp with dell monitors (30k)
3. BenQ Mobiuz EX2710Q - Great panel. Good company, they usually make robust displays. I don't like that the brightness is a bit less (250 nits), also can not be pivoted to left and right like the above two ones. (31k)
4. Gigabyte M27Q Rev 2.0 - I feel gigabyte monitors are average. My friend has a G24F (24 inch 1080p), it's cheap and pretty average. I am currently using a Gigabyte 32QC for the last 1.5 years. Nothing spectacular about it. Gets the job done... (26.6k)
5. Asus TUF VG27AQ3A - I don't have personal exp with asus monitors but from what i have heard Asus tuf doesnt make that great ones. I think this is overpriced to the competition, from a review i checked. (30k)
6. Acer Nitro Xv272U V3 - the cheapest one and quality will be lower compared to the others. It is a very good budget choice. (17k)
I am actually not sure how this is so cheap. Even the doc i shared at the end from 2022 has it's price as 24k...

Above list is just an order of performance, im not considering price for it. Personally i would buy the Acer Nitro Xv272U V3 since it is so cheap and still delivers like 75% of the other ones..
OR buy a 4k 32 inch like i mentioned...

From the above list, you should buy the LG Ultragear 27GP850 since it is the best... Has a very good brightness, 400 nits and peak of 470. Beats everything else in terms of raw specs, the monitor stand is also really good.
I used to watch 'Type c tech reviews' on youtube and he tested this monitor.. I believe it was actually 1 ms response time like the manufacturer mentioned, unlike 90% monitors where that's not the case. Usually 5 ms will be like 10 ms when it is tested... But since you mentioned you dont game that much, it's not something to care about that much.

The top three are on a level higher than the bottom three.
I like displays which can be tilted, height adjusted and pivoted with their stock monitor stands... In this price range those are a must. Do check it before buying...

You can use this site if you want check specs - www.displayspecifications.com
For reviews use youtube, rtings, pcmonitors.info, or some other sites like pcmag, tomshardware.

You can check this doc for some details... Not my list....
Also one last thing, i think you can get better prices if you wait for some sale... I dont think the prices right now are that good, except for the acer one, thats a good price. (I bought my LG 24GN65R for 17k in 2022 :pensive:)
The LG is a pretty average monitor + at 30k it's overpriced. The Acer is just as good (if not better, in picture quality) for much cheaper.

The models I have shortlisted are:
Dell UltraSharp U2724D,
LG Ultragear 27GP850,
Gigabyte M27Q Rev 2.0,
Asus TUF VG27AQ3A,
BenQ Mobiuz EX2710Q,
Acer Nitro Xv272U V3
That's a good list for QHD monitors.
My major use is for watching YouTube, Coding and Writing. Very rarely play any games nowadays
This contradicts your list and budget a bit. For office work more screen real estate the better.
27 Inch and Qhd with 109ppi is good for around 2-3ft viewing distance. At 30k going for 4k 32 or 43 inches is better as suggested above by a fellow member.

Monitor prices from the likes of Acer, Viewsonic, LG, and Samsung have gone down currently. Seeing most of the new releases being from OLED and QD-Oled, and Samsung/LG working as partners and selling off their LCD manufacturing plants in China this was bound to happen. Even the tooling for manufacturing these panels has matured enough to optimize the production cost which trickles down in price being lowered (Especially with companies like Acer).

Apart from @TheGoldenHorde summary of the models mentioned, here's what I can add to them-

Dell UltraSharp U2724D: Excellent Office/Gaming monitor with a wide gamut and precise sRGB coverage. Good features like PIP/PBP and Contrast (that 2000:1 ratio is near to AMVA+). The price is high but it's Dell they go to the manufacturing plants and ask for the best panels XD.

LG Ultragear 27GP850: Ah the Nano IPS with red phosphor (that red pop ain't for me). Rapid panel with lackluster contrast and more IPS glow among the peers... About 1ms that's just a gimmick. No LCD panel can claim 1ms atm. Only Oleds are true 1ms panels. These are fast but it's IPS in the end (TN is faster and Oled is miles ahead XD). LCD can use strobing but that gets them only halfway and still not as smooth as Oled (don't forget the added input lag).

Gigabyte M27Q Rev 2.0: Good monitor with similar specifications to Dell apart from the panels (USB hub, KVM, and PIP/PBP). Gaming grade panel, just need to watch out for service centers.

Asus TUF VG27AQ3A: This is overpriced for what it is and has the same panel as Acer VG271U M3 (that goes for 16k XD)

BenQ Mobiuz EX2710Q: This is a great monitor with a solid build and is tuned for gaming, but now it's old and overpriced.

Enough of the detour, now comes the main dish:
With 30-34K I would get TWO Acer Nitro Xv272U V3 monitors and have one in vertical alignment XD (Someone can help with bank offers). Some issues you may find like with every other IPS panel are the IPS glow and backlight bleed.

If OP is thinking of dual monitors, 27" 1440p (XV272U V3) + 24" 1080p in vertical layout (Acer VG240Ys is 10k + 1.5k for stand) will be good for productivity. I'm using this configuration & would prefer this over 2 horizontal monitors (was using that config initially).

If OP is thinking of dual monitors, 27" 1440p (XV272U V3) + 24" 1080p in vertical layout (Acer VG240Ys is 10k + 1.5k for stand) will be good for productivity. I'm using this configuration & would prefer this over 2 horizontal monitors (was using that config initially).
Which stand did you use for VG240Ys ? How comfortable is 1080p vertical ? I might consider this for coding and work and use a 1440p oled for games.

I have a tight desk with a 1440p screen taking maybe 2/3rd of the space, there is open space on one side of desk so can overshoot a bit. Since work takes priority, i haven't been able to fit in a good hdr monitor. Only option is miniled from samsung and i am not sure about that due to reported quality issues ( + oled is better anyway). Something like this AOC mini led would have been perfect but not available here.

Which stand did you use for VG240Ys ? How comfortable is 1080p vertical ? I might consider this for coding and work and use a 1440p oled for games.

I have a tight desk with a 1440p screen taking maybe 2/3rd of the space, there is open space on one side of desk so can overshoot a bit. Since work takes priority, i haven't been able to fit in a good hdr monitor. Only option is miniled from samsung and i am not sure about that due to reported quality issues ( + oled is better anyway). Something like this AOC mini led would have been perfect but not available here.

The vertical orientation is good for productivity, I use it to read documents, mostly use 2 applications one up & another down on this screen. I keep it on the right of my primary 27" monitor.

Sadly not many good HDR monitor options in India outside OLEDs, but OLEDs suffer from poor text clarity due to non-RGB sub-pixel layout.

go for this one, newly launched

or the LG new model

I have owned the Acer XV272U series for a while infact have 3 of them right now... I don't really think it is cheap apart from some build quality which isn't as important as the display. Comes with factory calibrated colors as well!

go for this one, newly launched
Can someone with a better understanding help me decide between this and the XV272U V3

Can someone with a better understanding help me decide between this and the XV272U V3

I don't know how different the GS is compared to the regular G

I don't know how different the GS is compared to the regular G
Pulled the trigger, just bought the acer. Putting my vg240ys on sale now

gigabyte has better panel and better colors
100% sRGB
3‎00 cd/m2 panel brightness
Acer Nitro Xv272U V3 27 Inch IPS Wqhd 2560 X 1440 Pixels Gaming Backlight Led LCD Monitor|Delta E<1,Dci-P3 95%|180Hz Refresh Rate,0.5Ms Resonse Time|HDR 400|AMD Free Sync|Eyesafe Certified,Black.

DCI-P3 95% which translates to 130% sRGB color gamut
You get factory calibration of colors with Delta E<1
And it can reach 400 nits brightness with HDR 400

Back