Help me deciding an Android Phone

Guys,

Help me decide between :

LG Optimus P500

HTC wildfire S

Motorola Defy

Motorola Defy + (Not sure about its availability in India and its price. Should I wait for this??)

Samsung Ace

Motorola Fire

Iphone 3gs 8gb Box pack but without bill at 12K :huh:

Budget 8K to 16K

Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Regards,

Chirag

yes that noise problem does exists...but you can notice it when you. play recorded video with maximum sound.APart from that theirs no problem at all.AFaik se is working on that problem so no need to worry about that problem.

Don't know about the new sliders, but had a sony erricsson walkman phone with slider keypad. The slider started giving problems just after 5-6 months and had to get it replaced for around 2k at my own expense..

But that was around 3-4 years back!

Final question : " Is that sound problem when playing on loudspeaker or with the headphones too?" Coz I checked yesterday at chroma. I listened to some music on xperia mini on my PL11 at full volume.. Didnt notice anything strange.

chiragsthakur said:
Today I went to chroma.. I first checked Defy, felt a bit laggy (Android 2.2) but the screen was damn good, sound quality was well above average.

Then got my hands on P500, a good phone for the price.

Then came HTC wildfire S, really a good looking phone from HTC. Good GUI. But a bit laggy while scrolling

Then saw Sony xperia mini and man, I just forgot every other phone in that price range and well above its price as well. It is lightning fast and really a good custom GUI from sony. The sound quality is almost same as Defy. The touch is simply amazing. A sexy looking ,small but powerful phone. Chroma quoted Rs.15899/- for Sony xperia mini pro and Rs.13999 for Sony xperia mini. After checking sony xperia mini I didnt feel like checking any other phone on price range from 8K to 16K.

So I quickly went to nearby sony store. The person quoted Rs.12800/- for Sony xperia mini and Rs.15100/- for pro version. Moreover he said he can still give best price if I plan to take it. In addition to that He gave a good advice, when I asked him about extended warranty. He said "Dont get the extended warranty, coz even though you take it and have any problem after 1 year, then sony service centre would classify the defect as water or shock, and charge you anyway"

Just thought of sharing my reviews. No one should consider this as a review of any phone, coz its just my personal view. :) And regarding sound quality, well it was checked with my PL11.

Bottomline " I am getting Sony xperia mini" :)

There you go. It is much better than other models at the price range :)

You will not notice any noise while playing music or some other vidoes....it can be only heard when you play video recorded with that phone....but somehow it stopped in my condition.My mini pro stopped generating such noise now which I bought around 10 days ago. I am not saying noise has gone completely but level of noise does reduced to almost nothing .

chiragsthakur said:
Final question : " Is that sound problem when playing on loudspeaker or with the headphones too?" Coz I checked yesterday at chroma. I listened to some music on xperia mini on my PL11 at full volume.. Didnt notice anything strange.
Its not a SOUND problem i.e. it is not a problem with the audio drivers/hardware.
A lot of observation and experimentation has been done by owners worldwide, and it has been concluded that its some sort of static buildup/ minor sparking inside the device which causes that noise. When u record a video in a quet place, the microphone faithfully records this static noise too and hence it is heard in the videos.
The crackling can be heard when the phone is in standby too..which points to a deeper hardware fault than just a software problem.
refer these threads
[MINI PRO][SK17][CHECK] Continuous electrostatic noise when the device is active - xda-developers
Main: STILL NOT ANSWERED - RECALL of Xperia...

i really wanted to buy this phone but ppl reporting this issue even from india and no clear resolution has scared me

Back