Help me deciding an Android Phone

Guys,

Help me decide between :

LG Optimus P500

HTC wildfire S

Motorola Defy

Motorola Defy + (Not sure about its availability in India and its price. Should I wait for this??)

Samsung Ace

Motorola Fire

Iphone 3gs 8gb Box pack but without bill at 12K :huh:

Budget 8K to 16K

Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Regards,

Chirag

Today I went to chroma.. I first checked Defy, felt a bit laggy (Android 2.2) but the screen was damn good, sound quality was well above average.

Then got my hands on P500, a good phone for the price.

Then came HTC wildfire S, really a good looking phone from HTC. Good GUI. But a bit laggy while scrolling

Then saw Sony xperia mini and man, I just forgot every other phone in that price range and well above its price as well. It is lightning fast and really a good custom GUI from sony. The sound quality is almost same as Defy. The touch is simply amazing. A sexy looking ,small but powerful phone. Chroma quoted Rs.15899/- for Sony xperia mini pro and Rs.13999 for Sony xperia mini. After checking sony xperia mini I didnt feel like checking any other phone on price range from 8K to 16K.

So I quickly went to nearby sony store. The person quoted Rs.12800/- for Sony xperia mini and Rs.15100/- for pro version. Moreover he said he can still give best price if I plan to take it. In addition to that He gave a good advice, when I asked him about extended warranty. He said "Dont get the extended warranty, coz even though you take it and have any problem after 1 year, then sony service centre would classify the defect as water or shock, and charge you anyway"

Just thought of sharing my reviews. No one should consider this as a review of any phone, coz its just my personal view. :) And regarding sound quality, well it was checked with my PL11.

Bottomline " I am getting Sony xperia mini" :)

Yes SE Xperia mini or mini pro have poor battery life .I have xperia mini pro and its worth for that price range.Battery life is average but not that bad too as every other android phone is having trouble with battery life.

chiragsthakur said:
Oh wow. Will that coupon work?

Ya It Will Work On Debit/Credit Card Payments

23r91l2.png

My friend recently bought SE xperia MINI PRO. It is a decent phone and performance wise is great. But there is some noise problem in SE MINI PRO. Most of the people have it and even SE have confirmed it. There will be a software/hardware update by SE to fix that issue

chiragsthakur said:
Should I go for pro or std version?? Will the slide become loose after an year or so even if used properly???

Do we have to pay octroi if buying from letsbuy?? coz I stay in Mumbai

Get the pro version, typing sms,email etc is a pain on that 3 inch tiny screen, my friends old xperia mini pro slide is working smooth even after one year of rough usage but ofcourse you cant expect trouble free slider for 3-4 yrs :p

What if I use it well :)

Any extra shipping charges at letsbuy??

Regarding noise problem, random xperias seem to have that problem, so Can I replace it from letsbuy if problem persists??

ggt said:
Avoid slider from any company.

They would give away after some usage and replacement through official channels is going to be expensive.

chiragsthakur said:
What if I use it well :)

Any extra shipping charges at letsbuy??

Regarding noise problem, random xperias seem to have that problem, so Can I replace it from letsbuy if problem persists??

for sliders there wont be any warranty. any damage will be accounted to as physical damage.

noise problem you can always bug letsbuy ;)

Back