Help me decide on a new Cell (Symbian Preferred)

Darthcoder

Mirko!
Skilled
Hi Guys,

As the topic says, I want to upgrade from my 1.5 year old Moto E398.

Main Requirements(In that order):

1)Music/Sound (Want to buy a 2gb minisd card for music and stuff,2 GB Card available for 6233?)

2)Symbian (For the wide availability of the Apps and Stuff)

3)Camera

I was contemplating the 6233, but I wanted to clarify if the availability of Symbian Software/Movies/Other Stuff(Themes etc) for the 6233/Series 40 Phones is lesser than the Series 60 Phones??

And, are the Series 60 phones better than the Series 40 Phones in any way?

I was also contemplating the N73 for the BIG Screen size and camera, but I havent heard music on it so dont know abt the audio quality.

Thirdly, Is it worth spending 21K on the N73 or shud I buy the 6233 for 12-13K and save some cash??

Also, will the 6233/N73 slow down if I use a 2GB (And maybe later 4GB) memory cards??

Fourthly, Quotes of Nokia 6233 and N73 would help :).

Thanks guys, Looking forward to ur replies :).

Edit: Forgot to add, the smaller the size of the cell, the better for me, so no N91/95 and slider phones :no:

^^ The N73 is definately good. The only camera that's better than N73 in that range are the SE K790i / K800i (but w/o Symbian).

Audio is also fair on the N73 and its an excellent all-round device..!

nokia 6233 isnt Symbian symbian it runs on Symbian S40 :( u cant run any softwares on it. and N73 is awesome. check for new N95.. it rocks! if u dont have any budget then buy N95---> 5MP cam and bose speakers :cool:

I have seen n73 working with 1 gb without any problems. . Also i think it will be the best for you .it has quite good sound quality and you can consider the 3.2 mp camera as bonus. . 6233 is ok as a music player . . But while on n73 music quality can be improved by the use of 3rd party apps(prays for powermp3 for 3rd). .6233 built in player is quite bad. .
Also the camera on 6233 is absolutely substandard. . So consider it only if you are on a strict budget . :)

OK Guys, Just noticed in the paper today that the Imate SPL is available for 16K.

It has a 320X240 Screen, is it any good??

Has a 200 MHz processor (slow??compared to N73??).

Another thing I wanted to ask that as this uses Windows 2005, are the software apps for the Imate handsets(Based on Windows 2003/2005) available as freely as the Symbian Apps??

i think that imate phone is on windows mobile 5 and not windows 2003 :|

yes there are plenty of applications out there on the net for ur windows mobile phone and there are some office suites too :)

No, and yes. You can run JAVA games on Windows, but you can't run Symbian games, and I don't know the state of Windows Mobiles/2003's own game library, but S60 games are available widely and are 5 times better than any Java game.

N73 is a very good phone, I'd go for that If I were you

^ Am bored of the outdated graphics and the limited number of apps/games on Java Based Mobiles and am inclined on buying a symbian/windows mobile phone.

Well, It seems I'll have to settle for the N73 I guess.

Thanks once again guys :).

I suggest that you also take a look at E70. It's a true smartphone with WiFi and 3G support, 16M colors and a full keyboard, at a lower price compared to N73. Camera is 'only' 2MP, but that's not too bad. It supports both GSM and CDMA. Screen and build quality are better than most of the N-series phones in the range.

Yamaraj said:
I suggest that you also take a look at E70. It's a true smartphone with WiFi and 3G support, 16M colors and a full keyboard, at a lower price compared to N73. Camera is 'only' 2MP, but that's not too bad. It supports both GSM and CDMA. Screen and build quality are better than most of the N-series phones in the range.

E70s got one of the best screens I've seen (for browsing that is)...
Great phone functionality wise, also great MP3 playback....

k800i sony erick 3.2 MP cybershot camera with light + plus expandable memory.

I have ten phones box packed brand NEW! going cheap at 16K. Please call 9822181294. based in India. We can arrange for secure payment through paypal. FOR multiple phone purchase further discount!

Back