Budget 10-15K Help me choose new Android phone

srinivas_ajay

Disciple
My Spec. are listed below.

Questions:-
1. Q: Budget?
A: 10-12K (would like to go for buyback for my existing Moto Defy+)

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Already tried Moto, Samsung Android phones. May be HTC or Sony

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash. and 2ndary Camera too

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Sony or HTC or Dell

Xperia U @ 12990
Xperia E @ 9990
Xperia Tipo @8990
In the order in which you should consider them. Please note that Xperia U has best camera and the screen resolution is 854x480 so you get a very sharp screen for mails. However it does not have expandable memory, so you are stuck with 8GB of internal memory! Plus U will never see Jellybean but Tipo may get and E comes with it! If you want then there is the Micromax Canvas HD at 13k i think, that is if you can find one! :) At this price point i think you can even get the Optimus L7 or with some coupon for some site the L9 may also come to your price! HTC has the desire c in this range so you can look at that as well. If you can increase a bit by say 500 Rs more, then the Samsung Galaxy S Advance is the best option in this range! With Super Amoled and 768MB of RAM and Dual Core processor, you can't get a better buy! Plus it will be getting Jellybean soon!

So look around more and i think @ALPHA17, @DarkAngel can help you find those coupons for discount!!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Galaxy S Advance is nowadays frequently available at a sub-13K price through deals and coupons. Keep checking superdeals.homeshop18.com and ebay deals for the same. The best mobile money can buy in this price range, as of now.

Agree with @logistopath

If you are upgrading from a Defy+ then you should consider the Samsung Galaxy Advance or better as that would give you a decent bump up in the processing power(dual core Cortex A9), RAM(768MB) and official upgrade path(JB).

Avoid Sony and Samsung single core phones in that budget as all of them have a Cortex A5 single core processor which is weaker than the Cortex A8 in Defy+!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Thanks for your suggestions. As Tipo is out of stock in most of online merchants. I am looking to buy either Xperia E or Xperia SP (yet to get the price). I do not want to go for Micromax (already one of my colleague has and frequently got heat while making call).

Wishes
Srinivasa

Look out for deals and grab S Advance or L9 ...
+1
Look for deals on L9. Would be best in tht budget else get "s advance". Dont get any sony in that range as they have horrible battery backup.
If not in a hurry would suggest you to wait for a month & pull your budget to 18k or so if you can, to get Xperia L. There's nothing like it if its priced <20k. :cool:

Back