Help me choose CPU+Mobo+RAM

zero_cool

Disciple
hey guys
i am literally in the market right now

i came across this shop that is offering me my desired combination for a relatively cheap price compared to that of it wares and prime

here is what he is offering me

core i5 2500 + ud3r b3 revised for 19700
where as at prime it costs me 21000+
and it wares 20050

the name of the shop is SHANKKESHWAR INFORMATIQUE
and it is located on lamington road
also let me know if this price is appropriate for these parts

if anybody has any idea regarding this shop please tell me

it is urgent guys as i need to buy a system as soon as possible

The above mentioned combo in most cities costs...

i5 2500 = 10250

Gigabyte P67A-UD3R = 9800

Total = 20050

That shopkeeper is giving you some 350 bucks discount...

Hades. said:
The above mentioned combo in most cities cost...

i5 2500 = 10250

Gigabyte P67A-UD3R = 9800

Total = 20050

That shopkeeper is giving you some 350 bucks discount...
yes he is but not sure if i should ahead with him as no other shopkeeper is willing to give this combo for less than 20100 bucks

although among the other products his rates seem to be nominal

zero_cool said:
yes he is but not sure if i should ahead with him as no other shopkeeper is willing to give this combo for less than 20100 bucks

although among the other products his rates seem to be nominal
Any particular reason for buying a locked proccy with a P67 chipset motherboard? :S

You should better off with Gigabyte H67MA-UD2H-B3 + i5 2500 combo if you are not looking to overclock...

iamddevil said:
As long as you get a bill with VAT paid, you should be fine.
yes he is willing to provide me a proper printed bill and these prices are inclusive of the vat

also guys i can use a little help with the ram selection

at the moment none of dealers seem to have 2x4gb kits so all of them are offering me 2 kits of 1 x 4gb xms3 ram

is it possible to run two of them in dual channel mode

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

come on guys please answer my query

Any particular reason for buying a locked proccy with a P67 chipset motherboard?

You should better off with Gigabyte H67MA-UD2H-B3 + i5 2500 combo if you are not looking to overclock...

hey hades

i missed your question yesterday

the reason why i am opting for this motherboard is because i intend to have two cards running sometime down the line

also one main reason was that in my society there is something wrong with the internet

many boards have lost their onboard lan ports due to some sudden power surge

so to be on the safe side most of us use a pci lan card now

and i have lost the lan port on two of my previous boards so on this board i will use a pci lan card and this was the cheapest board with pci slots

sending the board in for rma for just a lan port is really frustrating especially when you know that it it going to blow up later and you will be back to square one

The board that you are thinking to buy is not good for multi GPU setup... The first PCI-E slot runs at x16mode and the another at x4 mode so if you would install two similar GPUs then the first one would perform to it's full potential but the 2nd one would struggle... If you would SLI/Crossfire in the future then better off with MSI P67A-GD55 (after installing GPUs in both the PCi-E slots of this motherboard the slots would run at x8/x8 mode which is more than enough for current high end GPUs)

P.S: MSI P67A-GD55 is the cheapest (Rs.9500) feature rich P67 chipset motherboard in India which supports SLI/CFX

The board that you are thinking to buy is not good for multi GPU setup... The first PCI-E slot runs at x16mode and the another at x4 mode so if you would install two similar GPUs then the first one would perform to it's full potential but the 2nd one would struggle... If you would SLI/Crossfire in the future then better off with MSI P67A-GD55 (after installing GPUs in both the PCi-E slots of this motherboard the slots would run at x8/x8 mode which is more than enough for current high end GPUs)

P.S: MSI P67A-GD55 is the cheapest (Rs.9500) feature rich P67 chipset motherboard in India which supports SLI/CFX

yes i know the x16 by x4 configuration on this but i dont mind it as it really does not hinder much performance at low resolutions

the msi board is really good for the price but several of my friends have had terrible experience with msi boards so i decided to avoid it and go only for gigabyte

the Asus P8H67-M PRO B3 Revision would have been the perfect board for me

it has everything that i am looking for at a very attractive price but again i have had to replace 3 of my asus boards in the last 2 years so i have lost faith in asus

NOW PROCESSOR AND MOTHERBOARD ARE SET

right now i am AT LAMINGTON ROAD and i am on a look out for the right power supply

i came here thinking i will buy tx750 but thought i will consult you guys first

my system is going to be

ud3r with 2500

cooler master 690 advanced with 5 140mm and 1 120mm fans

4 2tb wd green drives

1 2tb caviar black drive

one optical drive

2 ram sticks

gtx 460

my options are tx750 or seasonic SS-750JS

zero_cool said:
hey hades

i missed your question yesterday

the reason why i am opting for this motherboard is because i intend to have two cards running sometime down the line

also one main reason was that in my society there is something wrong with the internet

many boards have lost their onboard lan ports due to some sudden power surge

so to be on the safe side most of us use a pci lan card now

and i have lost the lan port on two of my previous boards so on this board i will use a pci lan card and this was the cheapest board with pci slots

sending the board in for rma for just a lan port is really frustrating especially when you know that it it going to blow up later and you will be back to square one
Why don't you use a surge protector which provides LAN protection along with normal surge.

BTW Seasonic SS-750JS is somewhat better than TX750. just check the warranty on that if it is 5 years, you are good to go.

Why don't you use a surge protector which provides LAN protection along with normal surge.

BTW Seasonic SS-750JS is somewhat better than TX750. just check the warranty on that if it is 5 years, you are good to go.

does not make a difference

had a surge protector the first time it happened

yes the 750js is available with a 5 year warranty

and thanks for the information dude

@zero

I would still not advice you to go with UD3R coz the 2nd GPU would struggle at every resolution...

And if you think that only msi boards fail then you have totally mistaken

my friend... Even gigabyte boards fail... Actually every motherboard manufacturer board fails it all depends on luck... If you are not lucky you may even get a DOA board... And if you are lucky even the baddest reputation brand motherboard would last for years... You really can't predict which brand board would last for how many years;)

@zero

I would still not advice you to go with UD3R coz the 2nd GPU would struggle at every resolution...

And if you think that only msi boards fail then you have totally mistaken

my friend... Even gigabyte boards fail... Actually every motherboard manufacturer board fails it's all depends on luck... If you are not lucky you may even get a DOA board... And if you are lucky even the baddest reputation brand motherboard would last for years... You really can't predict which brand board would last for how many years

i understand your point of view mate but brought the setup yesterday

i agree with you that one cannot predict a boards life and gigabyte to has an equal chance of failures as much as others but just i just went ahead with my gut feeling

i was on a lookout for ud4 but it never showed up in mumbai so i went ahead with ud3r as i could not wait any longer

and for dual card setup i

at the moment i am just looking up for the ram and power supply

750js is almost final

let me know what do you think dude

Buy Seasonic X-760 (80+ Gold Certified) Fully Modular eyes closed from TheItWares...

And I would like to clear your PSU wattage doubt, see many people think that if they would buy a higher wattage PSU then their rig components would end up frying actualy this is a myth. What PSU does is it supplies only that amount of power that your rig components require... For eg you have a rig which on full load only requires 350watt so if you have a 850 watt PSU then the PSU would only supply 350watts it won't supply full 850watts which it is capable of supplying..

Hades. said:
Buy Seasonic X-760 (80+ Gold Certified) Fully Modular eyes closed from TheItWares...

And I would like to clear your PSU wattage doubt, see many people think that if they would buy a higher wattage PSU then their rig components would end up frying actualy this is a myth. What PSU does is it supplies only that amount of power that your rig components require... For eg you have a rig which on full load only requires 350watt so if you have a 850 watt PSU then the PSU would only supply 350watts it won't supply full 850watts which it is capable of supplying..

oh that is one piece of information i have been dying to know

so this means it is okay if i use a 750 watt power supply i and utilize only 500 watts i wont end up with a huge power bill

zero_cool said:
oh that is one piece of information i have been dying to know

so this means it is okay if i use a 750 watt power supply i and utilize only 500 watts i wont end up with a huge power bill
Yes. Actually a PSU's efficiency is at the peak when the load is 40%-60% of its capacity. So a load of 300w-450w on a 750w unit gives maximum efficiency.

For eg., if a 500w PSU has 80% efficiency @10% load and 90% efficiency @50% load

Then if your rig needs 50w the PSU would pull 62.5w.

If your rig needs 250w then it will pull ~278w from the mains.

A 500w PSU will not pull 500w all the time !

Back