Help me buy a front loading washing machine for 30k

mk76

Adept
We are planning to buy a fully automatic washing machine. Budget is around 30k.

Need help to choose a model. My requirements are -

1) Family of 6 = What drum capacity would be good?

2) Preferably front loading

3) Water source = Ground water

4) Drying capabilities = Semi dry would be ok.

5) Heater a must.

6) Good A.S.S = Very important

7) Location = Delhi.

Please share your inputs and experiences. Thanks

You should buy either Siemens or Bosch machine. both will fit your budget .

You should buy at least 6kg capacity.

sent from my HP Touchpad running ICS

Thanks.

I had a visit to the store. Had a look at various models. Interested in the following -

Bosche

WAE20260IN - 6.5 KG ---- 33k

Has 2 yrs 100% support

IFB

Admiral7012W - 7 KG ----- 32K

SENATOR VX - 8KG ------- 33K

Elite SX - 7KG -------------- 32K

All IFB models have 4 yrs 100% support and spare parts support for upto 10 yrs

Any users of the above models/brands - need advice !!!

if i were in your place,i would stay away from ifb.

ifb is all china stuff while bosch is all german import .one factory to rule them all.
<

both siemens and bosch use one factory to roll out their gear for consumer market.

i am using siemens dishwasher and cant be more happier.

i have ifb microwave as well and honestly ,unless you know higher ups at ifb service center,stay away.

Before I recomend, would like to know a few more things:

1. How many adults and how many kids ?

2. How many times in a week do you estimate will it be put to use?

-1 for IFB: The built is very cheap, the see thru-door is made of plastic.

+1 for Siemens - the ones they are seling in India are made in Turkey. So you can expect european standards.

I have Samsumg 6.5KG Front Load washer+Dryer. I feel the build quality is good. No problems since past 4years.

But of late its stated to make a bit of noise while drying closthes...think its time to service it.

Stick with 7kg washing machines you can check out the whirlpool range to such as Sport 1072 CW or 1273CS ,these are imported models sold in europe have excellent fit and finish and speaks quality and A.S.S will definitely be better then siemens/bosch .

stay away from IFB.

^

1. 4 Adults + 2 Kids

2. Almost daily

Any further info on Seimens model ?

And.. thanks for inputs.

If you are going to use it almost daily, then 6KG one will do fine. But remember the front loads work best on a full load. I guess you will need to use it on alternate days. On a daily basis you won't have enough load, and its a waste of electricity to run these on half load.

Regarding Siemens: they were available in India from last 7-8yrs or so(the dealer informed me). But they were available only on posh locations in the Metros only. So make sure there is good A.S.S for it. But most of the tym you won't need it, as these are pretty good built.

LG: I don't trust. They have outsourced their service to a third party. So you will have to run around a lot if the machine ever needs a replacement part, especially so if it big. My friend had a harrowing time to get his AC compressor replaced(in warranty).

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

If you want to go for IFB dont go for Automatic ones, go for Semi - Automatic or Manual ones. Ground water may vary and IFB products are known to falter if there are some slight changes in conditions. Also use less Front Door Detergent as it produces more bubbles.

We had a IFB Automatic version which i exchanged for Manual version. The story is as follows:

The machine was bought to serve my Dad and Mum only. The ASS was worst. Mum had called them 32 times
<
in 5 months from purchase. Most of the guys were useless and finally after some knockouts with IFB wallas they sent a factory technician who told us that some parts replaced by their ASS were old/worn out ones and had replaced all except the drum and motor. We even replaced their IFB stabilizer twice.

But the irony was the machine started its trouble once again
<
. Dad got pissed at them and hollered their ASS. They never came for 2 weeks. (I never knew about it and finally I wrote a long letter to their heads from the mail ids listed on their website and sent it by post suing them for their idiotic product and sought damages. Couple of days later, my dad got a phone call and after long talks they agreed to exchange their automatic machine for the manual one and also compensated us a paltry sum for the trouble.

The thing is my mum and dad went for IFB bcause 10 years back when IFB was first launched in India we bought them since they had tie up with Bosch/ Siemens. It was fabulous. We never called the ASS and the machine was fabulous. Finally after 10 yrs it died out. Later on the deal fell apart and IFB soon started with its local manufacturing with support from China.

My Aunt after our IFB Fiasco finally agreed to get Siemens and now thanks me. 2yrs and no problem. BTW she lives near sea and gets hard salty water by default.

If I were you I would get Siemens or Bosch.

These are all valuable inputs and will help many others.

Zeroed-in of following models

1) Siemens WM12E360IN (7KG, 1200 RPM)

2) Bosch WAE20260IN (6.5KG, 1000 RPM)

Whichever is available, will pick.

Thanks to everyone for their support.

Try to look at Godrej GWI 5511 EROS, it sports some nice kool features like air wash, i got 5.5kg capacity one and it works like charm.

^^Godrej - no way! Dat will surely be a chinese made WM! I got a Godrej DVD player(a gift). And the way the front panel came off like they sho in movies - had me laughing like hell! Imagine if dat wud happen to the washer while it is in full spin mode!

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

+1 for the LG direct Drive. That is supposed to be one awesome machine.

It has got a steam generator !!!
<
!!

some of the direct drive models even has built in inverter.

^^ Go for it then, if you feel like. I guess they will bring it down to 32.5-33k. I got my Samsung 6.5KG for 32K after exchnage, so the Siemens is certainly a good buy.

Last price he offered 32K
<
. Will go for it.

Waiting for Holi to get over, since I need to keep the machine outside.

Back