[HELP] Internet works fine with LAN cable, not on wifi

raksrules

Elite
I was using internet at my home using wifi mostly. Suddenly it started to act weird. These are the symptoms

1. Torrents either stop working or upload/download at very very less rates and interminently stops.
2. Direct downloads on IDM start with a burst but then go to 0 and then again go up, as if network is interruped
3. online streaming refuses to start.
4. Webpages either dont open or take a long time.
5. Ocassionally (once in a while) it works fine.

All this is only because of something in my laptop because i have another laptop connected through wifi and that works absolutely fine.
I tried to update the device driver for the wifi card of laptop but that did not help.

Any way to trouble shoot ? I dont want to take the pain of reinstalling the OS and even that does not guarantee a solution.
As a last option i will have to get a LONG LAN cable which i definitely dont prefer.
Help appreciated.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ok found something....

It seems the verizon modem has become faulty. My ZTE Blade phone too refuses to connect to the wifi router and even if it connects, i cannot use net on phone.

Another thing i tried is that, i turned on the data in my phone and turned on the WIFI tethering and tried to access the phone's data from the laptop in question and everything was working fine (albeit at a lower 2G speed).

Seems modem has developed some fault right ?

Back