[HELP] Cannot access Yahoo email account

^^As of the solution is not known but it has been resolved for now. Although i did not do anything special. Two weeks back had got my other bigger laptop here and started using it and tried signing into my yahoo account and it worked. So it got self resolved. :)

Hi all,

I am facing a similar problem for the past two months. Have tried several things without success. Here is the situation:

1. Unable to access my yahoo emails from my MTNL triband connection at home via my PC (running XP) or personal laptop (running Windows 7).

This problem occurs on IE v9, Firefox v14 and Chrome v22, so is not browser related. The login page https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?&.src=ym is displayed properly with graphics and sign-in seal. When signing-in, the email page does not get loaded. Instead, an error message given is "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" on IE, "Server not found" on Firefox, and "Oops! Google Chrome could not find us.mg3.mail.yahoo.com" on Chrome.

The page Yahoo! is displayed like a html file devoid of images. answers.yahoo.com is not displayed at all.
As a result, I am unable to access yahoo mails from my home PC or laptop.

2. Nokia Mobile: I am able to sign into and access yahoo email over the MTNL BB connection via my home WLAN, and also over an Airtel 3G connection.

3. Office laptop (XP): I was able to access yahoo sites properly from my net connection at work. I browsed into Yahoo! on this laptop via MTNL BB at home today for the first time and it loaded properly. However, after one attempt to sign into the account, this laptop also started behaving in the same way as the other two machines.

The problem remains even after clearing cookies.

What could be responsible for this? IP Block by MTNL? Malware that enters from the MTNL network that affects the PCs but not the phone? Video download/conversion software? Avast AV?

I am yet to try ultrasurf. Hoping the problem would get self-resolved like yours did, but it's been sticking around for a long time now. Any help will be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Ultrasurf worked. Thanks Raksrules for this pointer. Accessing yahoo from the base browser is still a problem though.

Back