[HELP] Cannot access Yahoo email account

raksrules

Elite
I have 2-3 yahoo email ids and one of them has suddenly stopped working. I am entering the id and password properly but after pressing the sign in button i come back to same page :S Even if password is wrong, it should have said that "Either Id or password is wrong" Nothing of that sort is coming, just coming back to the same page.
Other accounts work fine.
I tried retrieving my password through their "i cannot access my account" link and in that asks me the answer to the secret question and it is not even accepting that :fear:
There seems to be no way i can find to access my account.
Please suggest as to what i can do in this situation ????

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ok guys just found that i am able to login with that Id on yahoo homepage and on left side it even says i have 3 emails but when i click on email it again asks me id and password which as mentioned before does not work :S

do you use KIS? sometimes KIS blocks email login due to some Spam or Mail filter plugin just try disable AV/FW to login, might work...

this used to happed with me with KIS 2010 mostly....

siril_k said:
do you use KIS? sometimes KIS blocks email login due to some Spam or Mail filter plugin just try disable AV/FW to login, might work...

this used to happed with me with KIS 2010 mostly....
Nah nothing as such. I am able to properly log in to other accounts fine but not only this account. :S
But as i mentioned it is working fine on phone as of now. Will try later on again.

Yeah and more to add, i have some friends on yahoo, We chat via messenger but in my list it always shows them as invisible but in reality the are visible.:mad:They are able to see me online at their end. Neither of us have added ignored/reject list. We even tried to delete each other from our messenger and add freshly but even that isnt helping.:mad: Its very frustrating. Yahoo is certainly not what it used to be 5-6yrs back.

Arihant.EXE said:
I had the same issue and I had to call Yahoo to recover it. The whole process took 2 weeks for me!! Yahoo certainly is weird!
Can you tell me how you contacted them ???

Because the account is still not accessible from my PC :S

It works fine from my mobile phone. My other yahoo accounts work fine, even this account in question works fine on rest of yahoo except email :S

Have you tried deleting the whole history incl. cookies and active logins?

I faced similar issue some time back and reinstalled firefox, the problem got solved.

ronit said:
Have you tried deleting the whole history incl. cookies and active logins?
I faced similar issue some time back and reinstalled firefox, the problem got solved.
In my case it does not matter what browser i use, it does not work :(
I selectively deleted all yahoo related cookies from firefox but in vain.

I usually access my yahoo accounts in office on weekday and since i am on client network it has a US IP. Any chance that is causing issue ?

Btw i figured out that i am very well able to access email from my office PC :S

Seems my BSNL 3G connection is at fault here. Some sort of restriction on its IPs for my said account. I dont know :S

US IP----check for any firewall or hidden permissions. A co. well versed IT personals usually restrict anything they can to restrict user from accessing any mails a/cs from the Co. IP And this can only be solved from their sides so you contact them and explain the issue.

^^The scene is (will try to make myself fully clear)

I am able to access my yahoo email account from

1. My client network connected office PC

2. My mobile using Opera mini (it uses proxy i know)

3. My mobile using default browser (it wont use any proxy i guess)

I am NOT able to access my yahoo email account from

1. My Home PC connected to BSNL 3G connection

Yet to check

1. Try using home PC again with my internet running through the mobile's EDGE connection (to check whether BSNL is at fault)

I am still facing issues with my yahoo account. I am still unable to use the account on my home computer.

The most weird thing is that i am still able to access the account using my mobile but not PC. Now the main thing is that i tried to open up ultrasurf to use a sort of proxy to access the yahoo mail website. Then when i tried logging in to my account, it worked :O
So main issue is...i cannot access as it is on PC but can access through proxy (ultra surf enabled) on PC.

What is the problem ??
Is there any actual person's / helpdesk's email id where i can contact them and explain the issue.

One more thing is that i downloaded the official yahoo mail app for my blade and tried setting up my main account (which works everywhere) and it went fine but when i tried setting up this issue account i got an error from the app which said...

sorry! your account has been deactivated for mail. please visit mail.yahoo.com with your computer and re-activate your account

Now what is this ????????

Basically the account is full accessible when accessed from a US IP since it works fine in office (client network) and ultrasurf (which also assigns a US ip).

Please help

^ Hey Raks, I saw you reply to my post just today. If it's not too late, the US toll-free number of Yahoo is: +18665627219. I called them with Skype as Toll-Free numbers from Skype are free to dial. Call them and give them with a piece of your mind. :)

^^As of the solution is not known but it has been resolved for now. Although i did not do anything special. Two weeks back had got my other bigger laptop here and started using it and tried signing into my yahoo account and it worked. So it got self resolved. :)

Back