Graphic Cards Help 8600GT ??? Which ONE???

Hi guys..

I am just unable to decide between price n performance, between these two cards
1. XFX 8600GT 256 DDR3 for 7000/-
OR
2.Sparkle 8600GT 512 DDR3 for 5500/-

i know lot a people will recommend the xfx one coz of the higher mem speed..but i have searched the net for real time performance benchmarks but didnt find any. so was wondering if the memory speed really matter? given that the bus width for the memory is only 128bit for 8600GT.

The price difference of 1500/- is really tempting to go for the sparkle one as anyhow both wont b enough for dx10 games later on, unless someone sheds some light on this one n make me change my mind. so Help needed Asap!!!
Thanks in Advance!!!

u sure that you are talking about Sparkle 8600GT 512 DDR2 Memory, coz the price seems to be awesome, at this price sparkle would be a better option, save that money and buy something from 9xxx series when it comes out in december, but i think you talking about 8500GT, if its 8600GT tell me from where are you getting it at this price...

This model has been removed from abacus peripheral site now they r offering the 256ddr3 one for same 7000/-, but its still available at retailers so i guess its clearance pricing :hap2:

check out the model :SPARKLE Computer

earlier; 7300 gt ddr3 models were way too fast than the ddr2 because the cores were diffrent in architecture than the ddr3 but this is not the case for 8600 gt ones.

hows evga 8600 GT 512 mb DDR3 ? .
Any first hand experience on this , and how easy it to over clock ,by how much pecentage on air ?

No Idea about the evga one..but from what the experts r saying 512 mem is just a waste of money as there r no games which utilize the same.

you can go with a galaxy 8600GT 256MB OC edition for arnd 6600 , or you can go for the zebronics one if you want to spend a bit less for around 6000. XFX is also a nice option but is slightly expensive at around 6900 .

Back