[Help] 3G connection + wifi router @new location (b'lore kengeri)

Haddock

Adept
HI guys,

I'm moving to b'lore by next week, I wanted some help regarding 3G ISP, plans & a wifi router supporting the USB 3g data card.

notes:
1. BSNL say they'll take 6months to give landline connection.
reason : they dont have underground cabling in our area yet. :)O new info, i always thought they use regular overhead cabling - telephone posts :p )

2. Airtel doesnt have land line conections there
reason: same as bsnl

3. reliance & tata indicom say they cant guarantee signal strength there. :( & they wont provide demo :mad:
BSNL provide demo of their EVDO thingy, so i'm going to try that.

which plan is good in bsnl, i'm currently on dataone 1350 plan, 2mbps has spoiled me a lot :D

i dont d/l much except Top gear every weekend (~2GB). :p

So pls advice me on plan & router.

saw in few thread about Ausu RT n13u, its very feature rich, but is its wifi range good?

pls do mention whther the ASUS will support bsnl 3g data card.

Kengeri is a remote area mate, Getting constant connectivity maybe an issue, why not move a lil closer, like the uttarahalli or Kumaraswamy layout, or even hanumanthnagar where you have awesome connectivity, Kengeri is a satellite town, its nice and isolated and all good but if you wanna get into the insides of the city, you gotta use the BLR-MYS highway, which is traffic cladded in evenings, but still at any cost if you want to be in Kengeri and want a broadband connection, BSNL broadband is your only bet

:D
we just constructed a house there (BEML layout, near global village), + its a very quite location, breezy too :D

thanks for the reply, will try out bsnl 3g

my friend just took a new 3g connection for surfing and connecting to Vpn to work, he paid rs 1359 for 15 GB per month download limit plan.

guys, need help regarding modem+router

the asus n13u that i mentioned above is just a Router, but i want to go for a Modem+router, similar to "bsnl type 4 modems"

so pls, suggest modem+router models :)

one more thing is i really want that USB Data card support of Asus.

tried the demo card from BSNL 3g, but it didnt connect at all.

today i bought Tata Docomo, signal & speed is awesome, UL plan from next month is Rs.1275/-
i need urgent help again :D

I want to buy a Wifi router which supports the Tata Docomo ZTE MF631 3G HSUPA 7.2Mbps modem.
Asus rt n13u has not listed this modem in its supported device list :(
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

which router supports this modem?

want to buy router today itself

thanks

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

bump
:D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hey guys, is it possible to use a PCI- wifi adapter in desktop for sharing docomo internet?

just came across this ASUS PCI wifi adapter with two antenna http://www.theitbazaar.com/store/ou...ge=flypage.tpl&product_id=450&category_id=103

only this is, it states
Software AP mode allows the WLAN card to act as a virtual access point. The computer needs to be connected to a wired network using an Ethernet connection in order to provide network access to WLAN client.

my internet access is thru Docomo 3G

Back