HeLP : 25k Weak-to-Medium Gaming/Download PC

Got The First Llano in town :D :D

Went to buy the i3 2100 config , but the AMD guy sitting @ SMC convinced me to buy the Llano , & return it back @ full refund if not happy , in a week's time .

So here;s the final config that i got :-

AMD A8 3850

MSI A75 MA - G55

Corsair Vengeance 4gb x1

WD BLACK 1 tb SATA 3

CM real power pro 460w

Sony DVD r/w

All that for 26,900 !

Since they havent billed the CPUs in the database yet , can't predict the individual prices of CPU n Mobo .

Here's the retail invoice :-

CPU AMD A8-3850 + MSI A75MA-G55 = 12,380

Corsair Vengeance 4GBx1 = 2190

CM REAL POWER 460w =2857

INT 1TB C- BLACK WD (sata 3) =4095

DVD WRITER SAMSUNG = 952

LOGITECH MOUSE/KEYBOARD =619

CM ELITE 430 BLACK (transparent) = 2523

CM FAB 120mm BLUE =380

You should have better off with an SB based rig... I agree that LIano has better IGP but when it comes to performance i3 2100 even pwns 955BE in gaming aswell as in archieving... Plus LIano platform has no future... The future bulldozer based fusion processors wont be backward compatible with FM1 socket motherboards... If you would have gone with an SB based rig you atleast would have had option of upgrading to ivybridge processors... FM1 is AMDs LGA1156...

CPU is 6.9k in TE and 7k in their website. So the mobo is just ~5.4k-5.5k which is pretty decent i guess :) But why WD black for a low end rig :S

CM Real Power pro 460w for just ~2.9k :O Just super pricing i say.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hades. said:
You should have better off with an SB based rig... I agree that LIano has better IGP but when it comes to performance i3 2100 even pwns 955BE in gaming aswell as in archieving... Plus LIano platform has no future... The future bulldozer based fusion processors wont be backward compatible with FM1 socket motherboards... If you would have gone with an SB based rig you atleast would have had option of upgrading to ivybridge processors... FM1 is AMDs LGA1156...
Well not everyone upgrades every year. Haswell might not be different socket. Considering he is upgrading from a 'AMD Athlon(B) XP2600+' I dont think he belongs to the frequent upgrader category and by the time he upgrades it might be 'skyline' of 'skymont' series in the market.

Actually the Llano APU consumes lesser power than the i3 2100 while idling.:)

For his needs I think Llano is perfect. Check the games he plays.

They threw in the super prices for WD Black & CM PSU at the last moment .... to make sure i sing ballads about SMC being the first ones selling Llano .

Maybe I got lost in feeling all important "Llano customer" , while buying the HDD :|

& they said that they will ship some coupon for free download of DIRT 3 as well , comes along with the Llano deal

DarkAngel said:
CPU is 6.9k in TE and 7k in their website. So the mobo is just ~5.4k-5.5k which is pretty decent i guess :) But why WD black for a low end rig :S

CM Real Power pro 460w for just ~2.9k :O Just super pricing i say.

Well not everyone upgrades every year. Haswell might not be different socket. Considering he is upgrading from a 'AMD Athlon(B) XP2600+' I dont think he belongs to the frequent upgrader category and by the time he upgrades it might be 'skyline' of 'skymont' series in the market.

Actually the Llano APU consumes lesser power than the i3 2100 while idling.:)

For his needs I think Llano is perfect. Check the games he plays.
I agree that most people dont update every year but its good to buy an overall good performing proccy even if one doesn't like to update his system frequently... Believe it or not i3 2100 is a better performer overall than A8-3850/ Athlon 635

Hades. said:
I agree that most people dont update every year but its good to buy an overall good performing proccy even if one doesn't like to update his system frequently... Believe it or not i3 2100 is a better performer overall than A8-3850/ Athlon 635
Well he would have needed to add a ~3.5k GPU to get the same GPU performance. If one is going to add a GPU and go for medium gaming then Llanos doesn't make sense but IMO it makes perfect sense for someone with OPs needs though.

pratik.176 said:
They threw in the super prices for WD Black & CM PSU at the last moment .... to make sure i sing ballads about SMC being the first ones selling Llano .

Maybe I got lost in feeling all important "Llano customer" , while buying the HDD :|

& they said that they will ship some coupon for free download of DIRT 3 as well , comes along with the Llano deal
Yeah. You could have gone for the Seagate 7200.12 1TB and saved quite a bit. But well you get 5 years warranty with the WD Black though. So that's some consolation at least.

Back