HeLP : 25k Weak-to-Medium Gaming/Download PC

pratik.176

Disciple
Below is the fully answered Compulsory Questionnare :--

1. Q: What is your budget?
1. 25K
2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

HP Pavilion t410i , specs :-

1. CPU -AMD Athlon(B) XP2600+ 1.917GHz/333
2. Motherboard - Kamet2-GL6E (A7V8X-LA)
3. GPU - AGP 8X, Integrated(Integrated w/Via KM400 Chipset)
4. RAM - Simtronic 1gb x 2
5. Monitor - Dell u2311h
6. SMPS - Some INTEX crap .
7. Speakers - Harmon Kardon 2.1

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Only the monitor , dell Ultrasharp u2311h , which i got a week ago .

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Since i3 2100 seems to be a popular choice for low end gaming rigs , I
wanna go the sandy bridge way rather than i3 540 .
5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Yes ,shall be final for a couple of years , so need a config that still works fine with windows 8 .

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
1. Nehru Place Delhi
2. Open to online purchase

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
1. Yes
8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1. Gaming
2. Browsing
3. Desktop Processing
4. HTPC
5. Download rig, 24x7 operation
6. Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Tend to play online games such as
1. Strategy - Warcraft 3 - DOTA , Rise of Nations ,AOE
2. Racing - NFS
3. CS Source

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1. Gaming - 1280x728
2. Desktop - 1440x900

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
1. No
13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
1. Windows 7 64 bit

My Constraints / Conditions that need fulfilment are : -

1. A VERY reliable SMPS , which can bear the heat of my 2nd storey flat , as well as
protect my components from frequent crashes & outrageous power cuts .
2. A good set of 2.1 Speakers , since they & my monitor would be used with my PS3 as well (if high end , then can consider 2nd hand also)
3.Future Proof hardware , since I won't be changing it for many years .

Components Description Price (INR)
Processor Core i3 2100 5500
Motherboard MSI H67MA-E35 4600
RAM Corsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz 1900
HDD Seagate 1TB 7200.12 2750
GPU MSI or Sapphire HD5770 1GB GDDR5 6800
Cabinet CM Elite 310 1500
PSU/SMPS Corsair CX400 2600
Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 650
Mouse NA -
ODD Samsung 22X SATA DVD 950
Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1 VS2621 1650
Total 28900

A bit more than your budget but worth it considering you wont be upgrading in a while

Core i3 2100 ~ 5500/-
MSi H67MA-E35 ~ 4900/-
Sapphire HD 5770 ~ 6800/-
G.Skill TRIDENT 1600MHz CL-8 2x 2GB ~ 3000/-
Corsair CX 400 ~ 2500/-
Cooler Master eLite 430 ~ 2500/-
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~ 1900/-
Standard Logitech keyboard ~ 400/- + Razer Abyssuss ~ 1400/- (the mouse is a steal at that price and will help during gaming)
APC RS-650VA ~ 2600/- (a must have for people who face constant power fluctuations and power-cuts)

I'm not big on audio so can't point you in the right direction in that matter, but I suggest please get original Windows 7x64-bit its worth it ~ Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 7, Buy Windows 7 Online at Microsoft Store.
All prices are from SMC International, Nehru Place, New Delhi ~ SMC international.
For a more future-proof system extend the budget a bit and get the Intel Core i5 2400 ~ 9000/- + Sapphire HD 6850 1GB ~ 9000/-. Hope this helps.

DarkAngel said:
Components Description Price (INR)
Processor Core i3 2100 5500
Motherboard MSI H67MA-E35 4600
RAM Corsair 4GB DDRIII 1333MHz 1900
HDD Seagate 1TB 7200.12 2750
GPU MSI or Sapphire HD5770 1GB GDDR5 6800
Cabinet CM Elite 310 1500
PSU/SMPS Corsair CX400 2600
Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 650
Mouse NA -
ODD Samsung 22X SATA DVD 950
Speakers Altec Lansing 2.1 VS2621 1650
Total 28900

A bit more than your budget but worth it considering you wont be upgrading in a while
Sir you beat me too it.

Thanx for the quick replies . May I ask , if Adding a GPU is absolutely necesarry , or can i make do with the INTEGRATED Graphics on the MOBO , as the games mentioned are low graphic ones ?

Secondly , would this MSI Mobo create conflicts on adding 2 RAMs of 4gb & 2gb ea ??

The rumour is that the top A8 APU will only be $150-$160. And AMD CPUs have been evenly priced in India, so it should not be more than Rs. 8000. That's a pretty good deal for a quad core CPU and a 6570 class GPU. For 720p gaming, it will be adequate. Be sure to get high speed RAM, though. 1866 MHz minimum. I think the entire rig can then come well under Rs. 25k! If you have extra cash remaining, you can simply plonk in a HD 6670 for additional Crossfire performance. It's easily the best platform for gaming on a budget! It will probably hit India end of July, maybe August. Can you wait that long? Otherwise the i3 2100 + 5/6770 is a good deal and will offer better performance out of the box (but more expensive and use way more power).

JuLy seems ages away .... i guess i will stick to i3 2100 . btw , is 400w of supply sufficient wattage required by the mentioned config ? Wud it support graphic card upgrades ?

CX400 is a good PSU with 30A in +12V. Since you are just going to use a dual core which cant be OCed it can easily support cards like HD6850 etc...

Summary

Is the GX450 the best unit I've ever seen in my time doing these reviews? No, it isn't. But we really have to look at what Coolermaster is trying to accomplish with this unit: they want to offer people without a lot of money the chance to build a half decent computer. And in this respect, I think they've succeeded. The GX450 managed its full power rating at the temperature it was supposed to be able to handle, managed decent voltage regulation in the bargain, and should come in to the market at a relatively competitive price. I personally wouldn't use this unit if I were still into hardcore overclocking, but the fact remains - it's not a half bad little unit to get by on if you're just building something for net surfing or even light gaming while you're saving up for that rig of your dreams.

This is what the OPs needs are isnt it? But yeah it would make a better buy if pricing is ~2.8k-3k. The main attraction is the five year warranty period which is on par with the VX series. If VX450 is available as i said earlier no competition. But if its not then this is a decent alternative.

The problem is the RP pro 460w aint got reviews from Jonny or HS :(

User review is good though

http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/cooler-master-real-power-pro-460-a-133365.html

Yes... But OklahomaWolf has mentioned indirectly that it's a subpar PSU... So instead of buying a subpar PSU op should spend 200 bucks more and buy a good quality PSU like Corsair VX450... And Op mentioned that only CX400 is hard to find in his city so I think he can find VX450 in his city or else he can buy it online...

Asked SMC about CX400 availability , awaiting reply .

Is Gigabyte GM6800 better than the normal logitech mouse+keyboiard combo ??

@DeathAngel : U sugested Intel as the second option , considering I wudnt use a graphic card for now .... wouldnt a gigabyte h67 be better ?

DarkAngel said:
This is what the OPs needs are isnt it? But yeah it would make a better buy if pricing is ~2.8k-3k. The main attraction is the five year warranty period which is on par with the VX series. If VX450 is available as i said earlier no competition. But if its not then this is a decent alternative.

The problem is the RP pro 460w aint got reviews from Jonny or HS :(

User review is good though

http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/cooler-master-real-power-pro-460-a-133365.html
I have a Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460W and I can vouch for it solid little brick it is, no problems for the past year and a half.

pratik.176 said:
Asked SMC about CX400 availability , awaiting reply .

Is Gigabyte GM6800 better than the normal logitech mouse+keyboiard combo ??
The Gigabyte GM6800 is an entry-level gaming mouse and a pretty good one at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1O1pmWKt3o

captivating said:
I think going for a AMD would be much cheaper for you .
As such AMD processor based systems are cheap but the lack the raw performance provided by Intel. In-fact the Thuban architecture (current line-up) of AMD processors which are hex-cored are beaten black-blue by quad-core Intel Sandy-Bridge systems.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/203?vs=363

Back