Audio Headset for Livemeeting - professional use

axis.meister

Disciple
Headset with microphone(with physical mute switch)
Good Microphone with Noise Cancelling function
For Voice usage only so basic sound quality is okay (No Gaming/Music function intended)
Open Circum-aural design preferably
Budget - as low as possible- 1-2K

Usage:
MS Office Livemeeting
MS Office Communicator

My Company provides crappy Logitech Headsets for Office use, but I have run through 3 of them in the last 2.5 years and they wont provide me a better quality headset so I am looking to buy one myself. I use Livemeeting or Communicator daily for about 2-3 hours, and the Logitech headsets I have been using are very uncomfortable for such usage. The good thing was that the microphones were typically good and would cancel out the Ambient noise; also the first 2 headsets had hardware microphone mute switch (absolutely important) and volume control dial(not required).

The latest one that I have received doesn't have either mute switch or volume control dial and is very uncomfortable supra-aural design:mad::mad::mad: .

I also have a professional Polycon CX-100 but it is USB and its mute control doesnt work with Livemeeting. I already had a couple of incidents when I hit the mute button and was talking to a colleague and my voice was clearly audible to the other participants :oops:

I would prefer open circum-aural design because they have to be comfortable for continuous usage, and open design because for teleconferencing it is always better if you are not totally cut off from your surrounding sounds.

Microsoft LX 6000 is perfect for lync and has good mic and looks professional

you can see the picture in everyday show off thread ,i received it recently, it costs 3-3.5k and you wont be disappointed

@ryanrulez4ever The headset looks good, are those earpieces comfortable to wear for long(2-3 hrs) durations?
However it is USB powered and it costs almost twice of what I allocated for it. It is bad enough that I have to buy a headset for Office use from my own money, spending 3.5K would be worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to use a Logitech Stereo Headset H230 long back, it used to be very light and don't remember facing any discomfort over 1-2 hour calls. AFAIK it had hardware volume and mute button as well.

h230 is lighter than the one I had so might be more comfortable. But these Logitech headsets have horrible build quality, the volume dial will start creating crackle in the sound almost immediately, and it is almost always the first point that stops working in the headset. In my department we must have gone through at least 50 of these headsets in the last 2-3 years... all Logitech.

Back