Hathway charges less for quarterly unlimit internet!

MAGNeT

Skilled
Well after i migrated frm limit plan to slow unlimit plan...after a long time made a visit to hathway site to know whts new to offer....was surprised to see they offering 256plan unlimit for which i pay 730 buks......they charge 1750 for 3 months.....if taxes are included total comes to around 1966.3..so per month charge comes to around 656...thats better ...74 rupees saved per month

So just wanted to share with hathway guys...dont know why those idiots doesnt promote when it benefits us.....

note::talking abt 256kbps unlimit plan

Is hathway service reliable compare to MTNL?

With MTNL for 1gb (Night unlimited plan - but not possible for me to use in night) paying 1000-1300pm as some time day time uses exceeds the 1gb limit in a month.

Depends where u stay i m frm central part and so far service is good but have been experincing dns error twice-thrice this month(need to check that settings as have router attach so need to take backup and all)...for south mumbai eazy sir can guide u better

i ve been getting the same DNS error.. its a prb with hathway imo.. there was a cable cut recently.. fluctuating signals n stuff... otherwise hathway is good.. i am getting 65 kbps max on a 512 unlimited connection :)

I am in South Mumbai and have had a Hathway conx since the last 6 years and they has been good until last year, I have had quite a few downtimes since last year and in the last couple of months they were down 4 times :mad: The down time lasts a couple of days each time. Most of the time I have been told that the problem was caused with breaks in the overhead cables. I must add that Hathway have most of the time been very prompt with attending to any complaints. When Hathway works it works very well, I get around 28 KB/s download speeds on my 256kbps line. I get a 1 GB download in about 12hours.

EDIT: I have never had the DNS error mentioned by Magnet and BackToExistence.

eazy and magnet: have you tried tata indicom.... it was the best plan when launched and now even after increasing the rates it still continues to be one...

i get 240kBps 9-9 unlimited for monthly 600rs plus 1hr each day free.... and more at 9rs per hour...

get 1gb downloaded in 1.25 hrs... sweet... add rapidshare subscription of 900 bucks for 3 month and you have the internet at your feet for 900/month..

cheers..

regards
neo

neomustdie said:
eazy and magnet: have you tried tata indicom.... it was the best plan when launched and now even after increasing the rates it still continues to be one...

i get 240kBps 9-9 unlimited for monthly 600rs plus 1hr each day free.... and more at 9rs per hour...

get 1gb downloaded in 1.25 hrs... sweet... add rapidshare subscription of 900 bucks for 3 month and you have the internet at your feet for 900/month..

cheers..

regards

neo

Neo my sis works in tata telecom..and so can get their connection without any installation and registration charge.....but still i dont have time to mess with guys when they counts odd time when u have free stuff..also i didnt like their present precedent of increasing the price........when wifi and wimax are in near future whts the point first showing lollypop and than giving a tight slap.....most important stuff is i want contents according to my priority ..during nights i m not free ..but according to rule have to use at that time.....

yup but i agree i do miss download speed becoz i depend heavily on it..for all video contents...hope so some more better option comes ard and i get something decent at decent price.....

YA dns error suddenly happens first gmail related site freeze t open than same goes for all..but download keeps working......
i guess the problem is with open dns...btw care to share all hathway dns...i lost all my old records of hathway dns...except

magnet said:
btw care to share all hathway dns...i lost all my old records of hathway dns...except

Preferred DNS 202.88.130.15
Alternate DNS 202.88.130.67

and under ADVANCED/DNS add...

@neomustdie, in my area only Hathway and MTNL conx are available. Airtel has service across the road but they have refused to cross the road and give me a conx :(

sold my tata quickpower 360 and switched to hatway 128k unlimited

3 months

damages 1124rs inc of tax

modem install free

avg speed 13- 15k

downtime 1 day in last 45 days

the down time was due to server upgrades in thane

it was more of like 8pm - next morning

i have a fix for DNS issue

use obtain ip add automatically

add 3 dns address from hathway and add open DNS .. i give pref to open dns

catv power pass do cause hickups but those are like few sec and occurs rarely

damages for 512 ul

and is multiple months 512 ul available

by they way there cc suxs

can i use a splitter and watch TV using a tv tuner on the modem line... i guess yes but req confirmation req this

Name

WebSTAR DPC2100R2

Receive Power Level

9.1 dBmV

Transmit Power Level

41.0 dBmV

Cable Modem Status

Operational

Is there any one from Mira-Bhayander-Kashimira area (Near Dahisar Check Naka) using Hatway or other than MTNL ADSL service.

I was not aware of their switch to Auto-IP mode.
But i have been a user of Hathway for nearly 2 years now, and all i can say is i am never recommending it to any of my friends.

The speed is nice all throughout the day, but come 9 PM and the speed reduces. You are left with a slow internet till 2 3 AM.

The customer care takes a lot of time to get through too, and the nodal officer has not been of any help to me ever.

Hathway flash a Strip on local cable network once or twice in every month.

Due to no signal Hathway service interrupted for xxxx-xxxx hrs.

How it happen every once or twice in month, why they don't care to fix.

Emperor said:
Hathway flash a Strip on local cable network once or twice in every month.

Due to no signal Hathway service interrupted for xxxx-xxxx hrs.

How it happen every once or twice in month, why they don't care to fix.

I have never seen this strip, on which channel have you seen this message ? Now days I get a break in Hathways Internet connection about twice every month :mad:

@alsiladka - strangely my downloads are better between 7PM to 9AM and it is slower the balance of the day. This may be because I live in an area where most users are from offices and you must be located in a residential area.

Yup i stay in a residential area full of students. But that is no excuse, the speeds should be atleast 80% of the plan speed.

And since yesterday evening, my speeds have fallen down to just 150kbps!!

Even i have not seen the strip.

@party monger
The speed dip happened yesterday only, so though of informing others about it too. Not a rant without facts per se..

Back