Car & Bike Hatchback Suggestions 6-8Lakhs

After Hiccups and so much confusion, Paid for Swift VDi ABS.
Can i get a comment from any one who has bought car accessories from 3party. Price difference is definitely huge from 25-40%.
Also car dealer person says installing an reverse gear horn will void warranty in some cases. True???

When I bought my Ritz Zxi. I got them (Authorised Maruti Dealer) to install the reverse indicator with horn and also higher powered headlamps to avoid any warranty issues with third party dealers. The difference isn't really that much when you're paying 6+ lakhs for the car.

So, get it done from MGA (Maruti Genuine Accessories) and once you think you're pro on roads, considering that this is your first car, you'll learn a lot in a year or two and then get things/accessories from third party. In the meanwhile, try getting into TeamBHP. It's an ocean of knowledge for car enthusiasts.

Showroom person is like we won't have or will not install reverse horn.

We kinda know a car interior shop and planned to buy all accessories from there. Won't make any mods that will void warranty except a change of touch screen monitor and install a cam. We're looking at 35% discount. Showroom gave a quote of 40k for accessories. 26K at 3rd party

Last edited:
wtf ! 26 k for what ? gimme breakup cost and il tell u if ur getting scammed

26K is just for touch screen and seat covers.

Leather Seat covers 10k and sony 16k for monitor.. Cam 3k, floor mats and few external fittings for 2k.

Pic below is maruti authorized rates

IMG_20160131_021858_HDR_1454187065984.jpg
IMG_20160131_022844_1454187581356.jpg

Last edited:

We kinda know a car interior shop and planned to buy all accessories from there. Won't make any mods that will void warranty except a change of touch screen monitor and install a cam. We're looking at 35% discount. Showroom gave a quote of 40k for accessories. 26K at 3rd party
Woah. Sorry mate. I thought you were talk about regular reverse sensor. Yeah. Showrooms will be 30-40% expensive. Also, I would play with warranty. Nopes. Nopes. Nopes.

Sorry to hack in bros.. I am also in the same boat as op. Can't decide between elite i20 (asta or sportz) or honda jazz or baleno nexa.. Deisel variant though. For city aswell as highway drives. Comfort and fun to drive is a must. We have a swift dzire vdi and an i10. So excluding these two from the scene. I am mostly inclined towards i20. Suggestions please!!

what kind of "horn" is that? is that the annoying beep beep sound when you engage reverse gear?

if yes, then it should be a part of remote locking, which now comes factory installed.

or is it an extra horn on the ass of the car?

Sorry to hack in bros.. I am also in the same boat as op. Can't decide between elite i20 (asta or sportz) or honda jazz or baleno nexa.. Deisel variant though. For city aswell as highway drives. Comfort and fun to drive is a must. We have a swift dzire vdi and an i10. So excluding these two from the scene. I am mostly inclined towards i20. Suggestions please!!
My vote goes to Honda Jazz if you don't mind the garrish looking chrome on it. The deisel engine in there is something special. i20 is possibly the best looking car in this segment. Baleno isn't bad either in terms of looks and performance. But Honda's deisel technology is unparalleled. Read up the reviews on teambhp.

Actually, go through this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchbacks/171383-maruti-baleno-vs-other-b-segment-hatchbacks.html

The gurus of teambhp consider the deisel engine on i20 to be the best in the class. But I persoanlly am not sure if it is as economic and reliable compared to Jazz's.

The i20 diesel is a lot better refined than the Honda IMHO. It is probably one of the best in its segment.

The baleno drives and feels very different from any other Maruti. It's a great car .

Jazz has amazing cabin space if that's a requirement that tops ur checklist

For petrol choose between jazz and baleno

Diesel between i20 and baleno

Showroom guys do quote 35-40% extra, get it done outside, they are just trying to scare you into getting their overpriced stuff. Even that car interior guy quotes can be negotiated a bit. VGA camera costs 1k and HD cam 1.5k, so try to get lowest price possible for all the planned stuff.

As you are looking for the diesel variant, get the i20 eyes closed. The i20 diesel smoothness, refinement is at another level, the excellent looks and fit and finish is the bonus.

26K is just for touch screen and seat covers.

Leather Seat covers 10k and sony 16k for monitor.. Cam 3k, floor mats and few external fittings for 2k.

Pic below is maruti authorized rates
you are getting scammed like most new car buyers. A sony touch screen Head unit is for 13kmax. I would recommend a pioneer though as sony ones have ugly pendrive and aux slot in front which will always have pendrives etc fixed. Pioneer ones have ports at back that you can route to glove box etc. BTW with just new head unit dont expect better sound quality as speakers will be same crappy company ones.
Leather seats you can get for 6k easily everywhere. A reverse cam is max 1.5k for those with a nice wide angle view and with reverse lines. you get even better quality 3d mats for 2k outiside. i wont buy anything except mud flaps from showroom. a teflon coating is also useless btw , it does not last more than 1 month , they just do wax coating.

Use your Head over Heart when buying a car in India. Avoid a VW FIAT Ford Chevy for frightfully expensive or bad bad after sales support, Get an i20 or a Baleno. Test drive the Diesel Baleno and look at the grin on your face,its a rocket queen!!!! The Baleno is seriously well built and it is exported to japan and that speaks about the quality. The cars has space , super driving experience great after sales and resale value over the next best contender the i20 which is equally good .

If you are looking for diesel jazz and i20,
Go for Jazz, the turbo lag on Hyundai diesels is irritating. The features set and styling of i20 is superior to the competition.
Ford Figo or Aspire should be on the list too. They're one of the best driver oriented cars in this segment. Take a test drive and decide.

Thx for all the suggestions..
will test drive all three. but i want manual itself. N a powerful engine that wont bottleneck.. should have some juice available even when i am at my max..
Hope you guys get what i mean.. mostly an i20.., boot wont be an issue as long as its fun to drive.. i shouldnt have a second thought whether to drive or not even when tired. The car should keep me hanging as i use to travel 6-7 hours straight.. Every week.. plus normal city highways rides.. i am 75% sure of i20.. btw if i go for i20.. which variant wil be good sportz(o) or asta.. diesel only..!!

you are getting scammed like most new car buyers. A sony touch screen Head unit is for 13kmax. I would recommend a pioneer though as sony ones have ugly pendrive and aux slot in front which will always have pendrives etc fixed. Pioneer ones have ports at back that you can route to glove box etc. BTW with just new head unit dont expect better sound quality as speakers will be same crappy company ones.
Leather seats you can get for 6k easily everywhere. A reverse cam is max 1.5k for those with a nice wide angle view and with reverse lines. you get even better quality 3d mats for 2k outiside. i wont buy anything except mud flaps from showroom. a teflon coating is also useless btw , it does not last more than 1 month , they just do wax coating.
Unlikely. I didn't buy the touch screen or cam.. will install later.

We got a ZXi finally for 7.45L and and accessories worth 25.5k for 11.5k (obviously discount over inflated prices)

Accessories include 15k worth seats, 1.5k worth foot mats, Mud flaps 400, Steering cover - 500, Rear spoiler 5200, Door moulding set worth 1000, windows Sun protector fitting for 4 doors worth 1500 and a Door light (brand beneath the door) worth 1k..

qnjNqQ4.jpg

Ejcsvgj.jpg

Last edited:
lol , you just post the model number of ur sony and you can search how much it costs online , im pretty sure he is selling u sony xav 65 head unit model for 19k which costs 11k in local market in gurgaon . At max he might be giving xav68Bt which again costs 14k. dealer is scaming u. a cam also costs under 1.5k for the hd ones. The cam for 4k are ones with screen and no need as a touch head unit already has provisoon to connect a rear cam. btw i got side moulding, mudflaps , pillows , gear lock, steering cover, floor mats , door sills all free , most dealers give it free only. leather seats also cost 6k only. and teflon coating is the biggest scam , go search on team bhp. Surprised you bought a swift when its version 2 baleno is pretty much same cost. only thing is waiting period. Also right now swifts going for like 50k cash discount as dealers clearing 2015 stock. you got ripped off !

Surprised you bought a swift when its version 2 baleno is pretty much same cost. only thing is waiting period. Also right now swifts going for like 50k cash discount as dealers clearing 2015 stock. you got ripped off !
Nexa's terrible experience, waiting period and non availability of spares kept me away from baleno.
I've got the decent deal afaik in my city and do not think it i got ripped off and did not go for teflon.
I initially got the car without accessories and after finishing the delivery process i bargained and bought those accessories for discount.

Also With falling Hyundai sales, MS is getting their orders and few colors are not in stock not even these 2016 models.

My ride is for 4-5years will use it and upgrade to a better sedan class then... Till then I'll Chill.

btw i got side moulding, mudflaps , pillows , gear lock, steering cover, floor mats , door sills all free , most dealers give it free only. leather seats also cost 6k only. and teflon coating is the biggest scam , go search on team bhp.
+ Spoiler + a Free Teflon coating.

Nothing to lose.

Meanwhile you find some money to rent a car.

Last edited:
Back