Hasta la Vista?

Udit

Skilled
Nov 7, 2005
Kolkata, India
Dark Star said:
2 word to all of you looks this YouTube - Compiz Fusion: A Quick Demonstration Then tell me is VISTA worth it? I mean so much hardware ... and still you can't hit this :lol:

your crappy Linux cannot even run games properly so Linux & Mac OS X are plain useless for gamers :bleh:

Vista runs games a little bit slow but that will surely be solved with SP1 :)

if it is this good at just 6months old imagine how good it'll be after SP1 :eek:hyeah:

Dark Star

ex-Mod
May 7, 2006
Definitely cool. But this is not impossible for Vista! or even any OS for that matter!!

Look I did not want to dominate any OS with Linux comparison :p The thing I want to tell is that the cost .. Look Vista needs 2GB rams for smooth overall application for workk .. even 4 Gb for Crunchers .. Still you can't gain eye candy like that... Linux Exclusive :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: U can't get that in Vista or OSX.. btw .. that did not even require Gb's of ram just a 6200 can do the job well :D :D .. Well gaming into consideration Vista is sure the future so as Vienna.. while Linux too had strong Open GL .... So just a point show me that in Vista if you can :no: :p ?Even Consoles loads them with Linux as their main artillery ;) ..

KiD0M4N

Skilled
Aug 24, 2005
www.erodov.com
@Udit: Don't refer to Linux as "crappy" .... the website you are reading this right now is running on the same crappy OS (or some flavour Unix at most, admins, right?)

I use Linux and if the GAMES worked on Linux as expected... I would on Linux OpenSuse 10.2 right now (which is being downloaded as we speak to be installed into VMWare)... however we are still a few years away from that. I don't like Emulated performance when I can run on the raw hardware.

@Darky: I love the way Compiz is, but I AM HOPING THAT M$ DOESN'T TRY TO DO THAT IN SP1, cuz then the 300FPS i am getting now will go to 200!!! Stupid M$ Vista programmers ! (ok kiddding and NO offense to Chaos)

Dark Star

ex-Mod
May 7, 2006
^^ :lol: Thats what I call M$ copy paster .. they can't put their ideas ...on anything ... :p Just they see something cool and try to put it and brag that its their creation :mad: ... Like they did with 3D interface..:mad:

superczar

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
your crappy Linux cannot even run games properly so Linux & Mac OS X are plain useless for gamers

yeeeshhhh @ Udit

that is probably the post of the month!

An OS is not supported widely for gaming so it becomes a crappy OS?

or should I say If an OS is not supporrted for something (as silly ) as gaming, should it be called a crappy OS...

Though I wouldn't say that, it doesn't change the fact that gaming is one of the most trivial things any operating system is meant for

Vij

Skilled
May 22, 2006
superczar said:
yeeeshhhh @ Udit

or should I say If an OS is not supporrted for something (as silly ) as gaming, should it be called a crappy OS...

Though I wouldn't say that, it doesn't change the fact that gaming is one of the most trivial things any operating system is meant for

Eh, try telling that to the billion dollar gaming industry...or even to the millions who enjoy it... Its like a sport....Its there....it entertains....exhilarates...brings a smile...

btw Linux aint crappy OS...its just crappy for games...crappy for millions who love games..who use their computer to be entertained...and thats what Udit was trying to say I think...

Btw Iam on XP for now...

Dark Star

ex-Mod
May 7, 2006
Just wanna tell you all Gamin COnsoles .. servers,,, Game developer... are based/using linux as the main and only OS.... :yahoo: .. Linux is the most stable OS. Even ur "crappy" windows hangs fracks even on higher system.. Just the Dr.watson 32 started all system get boom and the user tear his hair seeing all the messup.. I never faced any problem in Linux and even I get a good system I won't try Windows thats what I thought.... :p Else read my sig :eek:hyeah:

Vij

Skilled
May 22, 2006
Dark Star said:
Just wanna tell you all Gamin COnsoles .. servers,,, Game developer... are based/using linux as the main and only OS.... :yahoo: .. Linux is the most stable OS. Even ur "crappy" windows hangs fracks even on higher system.. Just the Dr.watson 32 started all system get boom and the user tear his hair seeing all the messup.. I never faced any problem in Linux and even I get a good system I won't try Windows thats what I thought.... :p Else read my sig :eek:hyeah:

Not all...Dont make such gross generalization...Yes, proprietary game developers acknowledge that Linux is a viable platform for their game servers, but it’s unfortunate that it’s not seen as a viable platform for game clients.
Hence, Linux is not a desirable platform for gamers...thats it...

Udit

Skilled
Nov 7, 2005
Kolkata, India
superczar said:
yeeeshhhh @ Udit

well iam a gamer so gaming is NOT silly for me :no:

any os which will not let me game & needs me to rack my brains to get it look good is & will be crappy for me :bleh:

vij said:
Eh, try telling that to the billion dollar gaming industry...or even to the millions who enjoy it... Its like a sport....Its there....it entertains....exhilarates...brings a smile...

btw Linux aint crappy OS...its just crappy for games...crappy for millions who love games..who use their computer to be entertained...and thats what Udit was trying to say I think...

Btw Iam on XP for now...

yup i meant that only :D

i like plug & play too & linux needs brain racking to get it look good :p

Dark Star said:

my system on vista hanged once since March 2007 :eek:hyeah:

*touch wood*

KiD0M4N said:

yup forgot to mention that picture, audio, video & games image quality improved quite a bit in Vista from XP :D

my sound card loves Vista :hap2:

Vista FTW :clap:

:cool2:

Private Ryan

Skilled
Dec 24, 2006
There shud have been an option, "I'm happy with both on my dual boot system"..lol....:lol:

I find vista is a lot of eye candy and i'm reveling in it for the time being..:p once the excitement wears off, i may boot into my XP again..:p

Private Ryan

Skilled
Dec 24, 2006
I do know tht, those desktops i posted on FE are on my XP only..:p But still, just for the time being, the real thing is enticing me..n like i said, may go back to my XP in a few days..:p Cos, i've customized it completely acc. to my needs..:p