WP Has Sim technology changed ?

Hi

I have a 15 year old sim which i have progressively cut from Full sim to Mini sim to Micro sim now

Although it is working fine, I was just wondering if i am loosing on better reception etc. due to the old sim which was issued way back in 2000 in case technology has changed in these years

Shall i get my SIM changed from Airtel ?

Thanks for advising

And apart from the mentioned improvements above, the sim you are using might be a 16bit (250 contacts) and now providers have 128-bit sim (1000 contacts or more I guess)
I'm still using a 32-bit sim and its going great since 8years now. Used 3g/2g and no reception issues on local/roaming etc.:)

Though not using any phone requiring micro/mini sim so the shape is still intact/original. And in todays world who cares if your sim stores 100 contacts or 1000 coz we all use phone memory right??:cool:

If you wanna change go ahead, no harm and no good as well apart from the contacts memory. But its better if you keep your ancient sim coz now a days the providers never return your exchanged sim, they used to do that 10 yrs back.:p I have sim cards collection since year 2001. :snaphappy:

I have been using the same SIM since 2000. Seems fine. Anyways, who stores data on the SIM anyways.

Thanks everyone
As I had also mentioned in my opening post I was just worried that maybe the SIM technology had got changed over the years which may have provided better reception or lower power consumption etc.
As that is not the case, no point in replacing the same

Just change the SIM. Go to customer care and tell them to assign your number a new sim.
Old sim card = scratches :/

Back