Has anyone used www.ospreyindia.co.in?

Came across this site which looks *almost* exactly like the original American website. Prices are identical for almost all the products. And honestly, it's seriously tempting me to give it a try...

So my question is, has anyone actually ordered off of or used this site? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

this site
Screenshot_20240125_163858_Chrome.jpg

It's 2024.

Guess what's wrong here...

Apart from being a copy, the lack of contact information and use of CamelCase are big red flags. Rest it's your hard earned money.
Do share your review if you purchase something.
I decided to use their 'contact us' form - will update here if I hear anything. With that said, any 'reputed' sources to buy an Osprey Fairpoint 40 backpack?

if you go to their official usa website

and search the countries list. India is not listed. this looks fake.

One of the official distributors of Osprey in India were Trekkit India and i had bought osprey stuff from them but they stopped some time back selling osprey stuff.

So it is possible that Osprey might be coming directly in India.
However, this is possibly to be a scam site. Better to contact osprey international directly and ask about it.

if you go to their official usa website

and search the countries list. India is not listed. this looks fake.

One of the official distributors of Osprey in India were Trekkit India and i had bought osprey stuff from them but they stopped some time back selling osprey stuff.

So it is possible that Osprey might be coming directly in India.
However, this is possibly to be a scam site. Better to contact osprey international directly and ask about it.
Most sensible thing to do...
price of the bag I had in mind is like $180...
Even my sister in the US does not love me enough to buy that for me!

For what it is worth, I have also sent a message via the contact us form on the original US site and pointed them to this (most likely knock off) website. Again, if I hear anything from them, will update here. Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond here! Still quite new to this site. But have to say, this feels like a more informed audience than, say, reddit or fb.

Osprey does not have presence in India.

Bags sold here are through offline retailers. Amazon India had them for a brief period around 2019. I picked up their most popular Farpoint 40 at its retail price before prices were doubled.

Osprey does not have presence in India.

Bags sold here are through offline retailers. Amazon India had them for a brief period around 2019. I picked up their most popular Farpoint 40 at its retail price before prices were doubled.
They were being sold through Trekkit India back then.
I pickup 2-3 of their bags too.

If OP can share what exactly he wants the bag for...I may be able to share some advice on other alternatives like Lowealpine.

The thing is if okay with fake ones but really good ones...you can find lot of Osprey and other brands that are Chinese. Made but they are very close to Original Copy.
In Kathmandu I was surprised to see the brands and quality of the fake ones.

And price is decent too about 50% -60% of original price.

They can also be found in Delhi and Dehradun too and many backpacking shops in hill stations.

There use to be few other mountaineering sports shop selling Osprey stuff in India like Adventure18( they got closed I think) but try stepin adventure( they are Pune based I think) but they ship also.( Just check with them)

Hope this helps.

One of my friends recently had this exact thing happen to him, except with North Face - very legit looking website (first result on Google and everything), but something looked off on their payment page, so he checked, and it turns out North Face has no presence here.

One of my friends recently had this exact thing happen to him, except with North Face - very legit looking website (first result on Google and everything), but something looked off on their payment page, so he checked, and it turns out North Face has no presence here.
Of all the brands , The North Face is most likely to be faked ..it is so popular.
And they really make some excellent fake ones.

Btw unless really good price on sale ..avoid the North Face especially if your friend is looking for serious clothing rather fashion . the North face brand is much hyped due to cool name and the way it promotes itself as that tough extreme winter clothes but at same time fashionable.

I say it leans more towards fashion. It is not completely bad but I can say they are definitely not upto the mark if bought at full price.

There are other brands that are much better in material and clothing but maybe little less on style like Rab, Patagonia, Mountain Hardwear, Montane etc even Sonam and Sherpa( Nepal winter clothing) brands make good winter clothes at reasonable prices.

Most sensible thing to do...
price of the bag I had in mind is like $180...
Even my sister in the US does not love me enough to buy that for me!
Osprey is very expensive. I have actually not found good sale even in USA for ospreys even though when my family keeps going there . I bought all here because you will be surprised I found Indian pricing almost on par with USA prices on good discount sales.

Very rarely on some old stock of when they update their bags ..the old ones go for really cheap otherwise this brand is almost always fixed with little to no discount on best days .

Btw why dont you look into other brands like Lowealpine, Gregory ( since your sister is in USA) they make some excellent backpacks too in all shape and sizes.
Osprey is definitely great but some other brands are pretty solid too and much better discounts during sale.

void the North Face especially if your friend is looking for serious clothing rather fashion . the North face brand is much hyped due to cool name and the way it promotes itself as that tough extreme winter clothes but at same time fashionable.
I think he was looking for a jacket he used to have way back that he liked, which was apparently really good in the cold. In any case, extreme weather isn't really relevant to us since we live in Kerala :p

I got a response from Osprey US that this site is not affiliated with them and is likely fraudulent. So there goes that!

If OP can share what exactly he wants the bag for...I may be able to share some advice on other alternatives like Lowealpine.
Thanks for offering advice! I want a high quality backpack for airline travel + minimalist 1 bag vacations, with the following features
  1. 30-40L capacity and airline carry-on sized
  2. Load lifter straps, vented straps and back support, since I sweat like a champion!
  3. Padded hip belt
  4. Lockable zippers
  5. Completely stowaway straps and convert into a duffel bag/carryon luggage form factor, if I ever have to check it in. This is a must have for me.
  6. Nicer quality of life enhancements like strap keepers so that things are not dangling about when on the move.
  7. Bag needs to have complete clamshell or panel loading type of opening for ease of packing. This is also a must have feature for me
  8. Having additional side/top exterior openings for quick access appreciated, but not essential.
Btw why dont you look into other brands like Lowealpine, Gregory ( since your sister is in USA) they make some excellent backpacks too in all shape and sizes.
Osprey is definitely great but some other brands are pretty solid too and much better discounts during sale.
Happy to hear suggestions! I would prefer to buy in India if I can. Sis not expected to travel before December 2024!

If you live in Bangalore, several shops around Jayanagar use to stock osprey bags. Else, you need to have someone have to get it from abroad.

You can check TomToc currently sold by Modern Quest

The farpoint 40 meets pretty much all of those 8 requirements with exception of vented straps. If you plan to tour some of south east asian countries, airlines won't let you hand-carry as it's big.

The 50 ltr version or higher came with detachable day pack. However it's can not be hand carried. In my case, I pair it with Matador 16ltr foldable pack.

Back