Hacker on LAN

TheBroker

Skilled
Guys theres a hacker on my LAN!!
Me using ZA pro n NAv 2k3 with Win 2k SP4 (all of 'em updated) n on a Sify connection

Actually it started a few days ago when some1 ( a fuc*** saddist ) chatted with me n told my real ip!!!!!!,what site was open in IE n the next day I had atleast 10 hacking attempts from NetBios.(when some1 tries 2 get into my comp 4rm Netwrk Nbrhood it shows the public IP but it showed real Ips).This incident happened on 19th nigh n 20th
On 22nd i removed everything under my LAN propreties except (TCP/IP Internet Protocol)

2day morn (24th March) at 2 am hacked into my Yahoo id!!! deleted all of my contacts!!

I dnt want such things 2 happen again nor I want my Dads Email a/c 2 b hacked (Yahoo) ------ home n office r the same.

Guys please help;cant make backups of my dads mails too many are there!!!!!!!

All kinds of help solicited ...........all hackers out there tell me ur worst enemies.Quick guys help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

disable netbios....amd block lan surfing thru firewall (outgoing + incoming)

i m guessing he has already put a trojan in ur pc....scan pc with good antivirus or trojan remover updated to latest database.

ask ur network operator to change ur lan ip.

in case of emergency just disable lan connection or just remove the lan cable :)

let us know how it goes.

very intresting attempt of hacking there....i totally agree with nexgen and i suggest u get ur IP changed...scan for trojans..and if possible i suggest u remove the crappy NAV and install smthig better like AVG or kaspersky....

@NeXgeN
I doubt whether he'll change my IP (was giving good service but pathetic connectivity so Dad blasted him really badly the other day)
@IceFusion
Ive searched for Trojans/Horses n have a full system scan in 2 out of 3 days at a minimum sometimes there are 1-2 but very low threat

Sorry forgot to Mention I had MS Antispyware

Now disabled NetBios.

When I had attempts coming in 4rm NetBios n when i got the real IPs I complained 2 the Local Franchise.He told me that it was difficult for any1 to Hack n he told that he wud tell the persons concerned with the IPs but...........no response 4rm his end.So much for Professionalism :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
did u try microsoft anti sypware or spybot search and destroy...??
post a hijackthis log file, and do upgrade antivirus kit to Kaspersky or AVG as suggesteed...
and once clean, change all ur passwords, or go to a cybercafe and change all ur passwords now...

i think he clearly says he isu using Win2k fully updated...

Try deleting the connection and then making a new one from scratch..and do talk to ur ISP and get ur IP changed....u r paying him so i dont think he can say much 2 u in return even if ur dad blasted him off for good...:)

@freekill -
Disable File and Printer sharing
Disable NetBIOS
Disable any network services which are not being used, or are not essential to your being on the internet

Get rid of Zonealarm as well, and settle for something else, cuz i've heard of a couple of ZA versions with some serious bugs. Go for something like Sygate Personal. Change your AV too cuz NAV is really crappy. Do a thorough scan using Spybot, and using the antivirus. Check your startup for any unknown proggies, and when you're online, keep a window of netstat open and periodically monitor your connections. Do this till all the problems settle down.

In case he gets through again, which i don't think he will unless you've forgotten to mention certain other details :), simply pull the plug.

AFAIk, or cn guess, he picked up your IP using a simple network scan, found open services and entered using them. He probably placed a keylogger in your startup to grab your password, or some kinda backdoor to retrieved your cached passwords. No big deal. Did you note the IP of the attacker ? You have any logs and stuff of what happened ?

Regards
Inzider

try using the latest version of avast 4.6 pro build 665, it has a network sheild which stops netbios attacks and other attacks from any ports, very useful.
once u know his local ip. call ur cable guy n tell him abt it.
inzider is correct abt the keylogger,...do a complete system scan including a memory scan with avast.

Actually now ill b formatting my system in a day or 2 its gone 2 slow its been like that for a quitea few days.OS will remain the same WIN 2k SP4 (cant install Xp or 2k3 my webcam works only on 9x/2k/ME)

Ive downloaded Kaspersky trial Suite

I have apprehensions abt Sygate coz when i last installed it,my system bcame slow n cocky as hell :angry: :no:

So u guys give me the correct combination of what i shud b using for a secure time on the Internet

lol, dont use nav, thats almost like asking to get trojans installed on your comp. Use a good firewall like outpost and a good antivirus like kaspersky. Also using NOD might help you.

Preferably format your computer before doing the above things, just to be on the safe side ;)

Dont format yur system, its evidence. Email a complaint to the cyber crime Cyber Crime Investigation Cell ... period. If your ISP is not helping you, add him to the complaint..tell CCIC, the ISP is abetting the crime.

They might seal and take your hard-drive as evidence though :p

IT Act, 2000

66. Hacking with computer system.

(1) Whoever with the intent to cause or knowing that he is likely to cause wrongful loss or damage to the public or any person destroys or deletes or alters any information residing in a computer resource or diminishes its value or utility or affects it injuriously by any means, commits hack:

(2) Whoever commits hacking shall be punished with imprisonment up to three years, or with fine which may extend upto two lakh rupees, or with both.

EDIT: On second thoughts, you might use this to lean on the ISP :eek:hyeah:

Back