Gyms in Blore

I was looking for info to join a gym in bangalore- any reviews/opinions would be very helpful :)

How are the Talwarkars, Fitness One, Golds Gym etc? How bad is the pricing :p

thanks!

I am a member of Talwalkars. They are pretty good if you arent looking for someone to be with you ALL the time. When you have a new workout, they will teach you properly and after that you are on your own, more or less. I personally dont find this a bad thing.

I also havent really asked for more help but some people do and they do give them quite a lot of personal attention. If you plan to go during the morning between 6 and 9 and in the evening between 6 and 8:30, forget about finishing your workout in a hurry. The gym is so crowded, it is difficult to walk without bumping into someone.

I am talking about my experience at the Jayanagar branch. The new JP nagar one is supposed to be bigger.

Nikhil,

Thanks for the info :) , the JP Nagar Talkwarkars is pretty close by- so that good news!

How much would a membership cost me? What kind of a deal would make sense?

looking for a quarterly package to start with. I dont want to commit for a longer term until i actually check the place out for a while.

It looks costly over there.. Here I have lifetime membership paid.. and now, just Rs. 30/month :bleh:, all latest instruments...

Thing is quarterly packages ain't really vfm in these big gyms. You can call them up and find out their packages. Try Chisel, Fitness one, Talwarkars, golds..

Yearly they charge ~15k/year. But their quarterly would probably be some 7k or something stupid like that

Chisel on Richmond road offering a 3 months package for about 6.5k

Fitness One in Jaynagar quoted 8k for 3 months, as did Talwalkars :(

Any opinions on Chisel?

Chisel is supposed to be totally awesome.

A person I know goes to the Koramangala one and he says it rocks. He was a member at Talwalkars before and his wife is still a member at Talwalkars. However, he swears by Chisel.

Richmond rd Chisel is good but very crowded....studied in Cathedral, went there for a month

there is gym on castle street, dont remember the name but heard its good

Thanks Nikhil and Shakeebkazia :)

Will probably join Chisel for a few months, its not really close to my place- but i would rather go to a good place :hap2:

Nikhil said:
Chisel is supposed to be totally awesome.

A person I know goes to the Koramangala one and he says it rocks. He was a member at Talwalkars before and his wife is still a member at Talwalkars. However, he swears by Chisel.

The one in Koramangala is much newer than the other one so the equipment and stuff is much better.. Plus there are comparatively lesser people who come here.

Back