Guys Need your Views on LG G2X

Hi,

I had lost my Samsung Wave S8500 in 1st week of September and since then I am punishing myself by not buying another phone.:'(
Now, I would like to buy a cell phone after Mid-November and have my eye on T-mobile Lg G2X which will cost around 17K. But there have been so many issues that have bee reported like Screen Bleeding, Random shut downs and other problems that I am afraid of buying as it is going to be my primary device and there will be no Warranty. So, I thought let's get 1st hand user experiences about the phone here in India.
Also, if we encounter any hardware problems will LG Service centres deal with it here in India as Optimus 2X is similar in most aspects to G2X.
I previously wanted to buy Samsung Focus but when I saw G2X with Dual Core processor and Android plus Cyanogenmod support, I was attracted towards it.

So, please help me guys with your inputs regarding G2X, the problems you have faced, the remedies, if you visited LG Service Centre and their response etc.,
Samsung Focus Owners may help me with their inputs about the device's fluidity and stability. (P.S. I have read the Samsung Focus Detailed Review in this forum)
Also, make me aware of any other Competent Device.

Regards,
Ankit

Too much problems. Avoid it.

Get an Atrix instead at the same price or Photon at a bit higher price. If you are worried about warranty get the Galaxy S at that price range, though it's not dual-core.

I read too many problems of reboot, screen bleeding and didn't purchased any. Since you don't have any warranty it's better to avoid phones with known problem.

New Atrix will be 20K, but you can get slightly used (like new) ones for 17-18K.

^ All solved with the GIngerbread update. I had the G2X for like 3 months, ran perfectly fine. Blazing fast. Also, just use a custom ROM or something. Any day better than stock.

And btw. the Screen on the G2x (IPS LCD) is leaps and bounds better than that on the Atrix (Pentile Matrix).

The Screen Bleed, just make sure you check the handset before buying. Though it really isnt a major issue, unless your really into nitpicking. You wont notice it unless the LCD is completely black and that too under very low lighting conditions.

Other than that , great phone for the price.
Other than the G2x, id suggest the Nexus S over the Galaxy S, which is way out dated now.

G2X is good actually, once you put a good rom and have few tweaks ( like the camera mod) ...but you can also go for a used Atrix for around 17-19k...a good price and value justification there....

I know about that FB Post and it was later removed. May be they are rethinking their strategy after public outrage. Also I have no problem going the Custom Rom/Cyanogenmod Way. Both ViKid, jdutt & mutant are in for G2X but Archat68 is against it. Let's see what others feel as I have time to decide till Mid-November.

Back