Guide To PSP Downgrading

^^ yep , exactly , i got everything from dbz shin budokai to pro street , the only game he didnt have was god of war which i think ill download

BTW i am currently on 3.80 M33-5 , is there any need to upgrade presently

the 1.50 kernel addon is only required if you are planning to run homebrew on it. and yea, it's only for the fat psps. for slims you can try noobx eloader or time machine but i don't think there is very good homebrew compatibility for slims at the moment.

Re: Guide To PSP Downgrading Method - II (Hardware Mod)

thegamerulez said:
is it impossible to downgrade without pandora's battery? using a softare hack. The other mod also makes use of Lumines and GTA UMD i think.

hi,
When You Mod the Battery with Soldering Iron its Called Hard Modding Not soft Modding as Wrongly Said In The First Post ,And Yes That Too Is Reversible .

you can softmod a battery to make it a pandoras battery, then after using it to downgrade, you can reverse it back to a normal battery.

I've done it to 3 psps using 1 homebrew enabled psp.

kkndka said:
you can softmod a battery to make it a pandoras battery, then after using it to downgrade, you can reverse it back to a normal battery.
I've done it to 3 psps using 1 homebrew enabled psp.

Boss ,
Thats Correct ,But a Hardmod is Called when you Actually Short The EPROm terminals in a Battery and SoftMod is Called When you PRogram the EPROM With FFFFFFFFF To Make it Enter Service Mode .Both Batteries Can Be Converted Back Into Normal Batteries .

Thats Correct ,But a Hardmod is Called when you Actually Short The EPROm terminals in a Battery and SoftMod is Called When you PRogram the EPROM With FFFFFFFFF To Make it Enter Service Mode .Both Batteries Can Be Converted Back Into Normal Batteries .

Yes , that's correct . But anyday , i would prefer SoftModding .

Can i now remove my pandora's battery + magic memory stick and put in my original battery (which came with my slim psp)? and use my 4gb card (duplicate sony ms duo card).

Yes , you can .. But why don't you convert the Pandora Battery [ a.k.a Service Battery ] to Normal One and the Magic Memory Stick to Normal MSPD [ It requires formatting of the Magic Memory Stick from the PSP , that's it ]

wow 150 for downgrade is cool.. in National Mkt blore ppl are ripping 800 bucks for dnwgrading the slim ver.

now i am struck with my Red GOW PSP Slim with 4.01
i also have Magicgate ProDuo 2 GB got it free with the bundle..

so by getting Pandora Battery from DealXtreme, can i hack it myself with the tools avail on the net or do i need to find someone with phat psp or CFW psp again? pls help me out this will be my first hack attempt

wow 150 for downgrade is cool.. in National Mkt blore ppl are ripping 800 bucks for dnwgrading the slim ver.

Yeah , they rip n00bs . Downgrading can be done for FREE , but it needs a PHAT PSP with CFW installed on it as to make a Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick .

now i am struck with my Red GOW PSP Slim with 4.01

That's cool , the GOW PSP rocks . :)
so by getting Pandora Battery from DealXtreme, can i hack it myself with the tools avail on the net or do i need to find someone with phat psp or CFW psp again? pls help me out this will be my first hack attempt

If you can arrange a PHAT PSP from a friend or a TE member then it's easier . Why spend money and buy a Pandora Battery ?

If you still wanna buy a Pandora Battery from DealXtreme , then go ahead and buy it . Hackin' a PSP with a Pandora Batter is really easy . Jus' read some forums on the Internet ..

But you will need a Magic Memory Stick too , don't buy that too , you can make a Magic Memory Stick yourself, it's really simple

If you got any more doubts , don't hesitate to PM me or reply here .

- Karan

Hi,
1)can anyone tell me about PSP slim modding in pune.Where can i get done in pune cheaply?
2)Where can I buy Sandisk 4gb memstick in pune and that too should be genuine and cheap..

Cheers..

umeshg said:
What i have -

1. PSP slim with OFW 3.95
2. Original slim battery (which came with my slim psp)
3. Original sony ms duo card 64 mb (magic gate supported)
4. Pandora's battery (bought online) looks duplicate battery which is hard modded
5. Duplicate sony ms duo card 4 gb (magic gate NOT supported)

Here is my question -

once i insert pandora's battery + magic memory stick (made from Original sony ms duo card 64 mb) ... downgrade my OFW 3.95 to CFW 3.90-M33-3.

Can i now remove my pandora's battery + magic memory stick and put in my original battery (which came with my slim psp)? and use my 4gb card (duplicate sony ms duo card).
Hi buddy,

What is meant by magic gate and its importance??

Back