GTX 760 or GTX 660 ti or R9 270x

• GTX 760

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • GTX 660

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • R9 270x

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Guys i need suggestion on these three cards GTX 760 or GTX 660 ti or R9 270x also suggest the brand should i go Gigabyte,Asus,MSI or Zotac.
#off tittle: Can anyone clear this briefly " Why Asus DirectCu II GTX 760 model GPU has less card length than a normal GTX 760?"

Dude, 660 costs ~15k, 270X costs ~16.5k and 760 costs ~21k. How the hell can you compare three cards that are in different price segments?

> What is your budget?
> What is your current config?
> Which PSU do you have?
> What is the resolution of your monitor?
> Which games do your wish to play?

Asus card is shorter because it is not a reference card, its a custom card whose PCB is designed by Asus itself, not Nvidia.

Dude, 660 costs ~15k, 270X costs ~16.5k and 760 costs ~21k. How the hell can you compare three cards that are in different price segments?

> What is your budget?
> Which PSU do you have?

> What is your budget?- 20K
> What is your current config?AMD Phenom 2 955 3.2GHz
> Which PSU do you have?Cooler Master UCP 700Watts
> What is the resolution of your monitor? 1920*1080
> Which games do your wish to play?Medal Of Honor:Warfighter,Metro:Last Light,Crysis 3,Battlefield 4

Asus card is shorter because it is not a reference card, its a custom card whose PCB is designed by Asus itself, not Nvidia.
Does this makes any performance difference?

> What is your budget?- 20K
> What is your current config?AMD Phenom 2 955 3.2GHz
> Which PSU do you have?Cooler Master UCP 700Watts
> What is the resolution of your monitor? 1920*1080
> Which games do your wish to play?Medal Of Honor:Warfighter,Metro:Last Light,Crysis 3,Battlefield 4

Does this makes any performance difference?

> I wouldn't recommend buying a 20k card with that CPU. It's old and performs slightly slower than even an i3 3220. Better get a 270X and save rest of the cash for upgrade.

> No, that doesn't make any difference.

> I wouldn't recommend buying a 20k card with that CPU. It's old and performs slightly slower than even an i3 3220. Better get a 270X and save rest of the cash for upgrade.

> No, that doesn't make any difference.

What brand do you prefer if i go for R9 270x? Asus,Gigabyte,MSI?

Last edited:

> What is your budget?
> Which PSU do you have?

where you got the pricing for R9 270X at 16.5 k /- ???? which brand ????

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys thanks for the suggestion :) .. i think i will go for R9 270x but if i get good price on GTX 760 i will go for it ..Nvidia 1st priority ;)

till now never faced any severe issue with AMD driver barring once it Fcked up Rage save files .. anyway, as for Nvidia driver even they can have issues . Search for notorious 320.18 driver and see for yourself :D

till now never faced any severe issue with AMD driver barring once it Fcked up Rage save files .. anyway, as for Nvidia driver even they can have issues . Search for notorious 320.18 driver and see for yourself :D

Ya one or two in 100s but within a week or less they come-up with beta version of it....I always keep my WHQL driver upto date,just within a day after the release of new WHQL i download and install it and never get any issues but when i was using Radeon card 4890 whenever i install the latest catalyst i ALWAYS got some issue with one or other game or frequent BSOD, am sure this "Radeon Driver issue" was their in almost every next version of catalyst in those 4890 and 5870 days ,check google you will find for sure,it was not only me who was facing it,alot other guys was having driver issue or game compatible issue and this 5870 DX11 just after the launch my cousin brother bought it and on the very first day their was a terrible issue with the driver,we tried latest previous and all catalyst from AMD site but nothing worked then we made a thread on TE even then nothing was solved,so many members tried but it didn't work,at last i found a catalyst driver on some unknown random site which solved 5870 driver issue. may be now there is no such thing and i haven't heard much of driver issue after Radeon 7xxx series has come and glad you never faced any driver issue with Radeon :)

Back