GTA V - Discussion Thread

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 Discussion Thread

It makes complete sense. The current gen consoles are in their twilight and both the console manufacturers as well as Rockstar will be hoping for one last big fat score. GTA V is just the game to do that for them. And since we can expect to see the next gen consoles in 2013, I expect GTA V to release somewhere in 2012.

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Discussion Thread

I finished GTA IV finally a month ago and now playing Episodes from Liberty City.:)

Just thought I would ask, will this be released like a year later than the console versions are released?

^That has always been the norm with GTA series, no reason why this should be any different. But if the PC port is as bad as GTA IV then we are better off playing the console version anyways.

v.Na5h said:
Yet to play GTA4!!

:O get a copy asap. You are missing out of one the best Open World Third Person. After Vice City and San Andreas i presume every child would want to play GTA 4. Do play asap one hell of an experience with Niko Bellic.

Black_Hawk said:
I finished GTA IV finally a month ago and now playing Episodes from Liberty City.:)

Just thought I would ask, will this be released like a year later than the console versions are released?

Episodes is good. One of the Best DLC'S. The night life and the Biker Gang is both an ultimate experience for both sides Liberty City. So that we could explore in depth.

Gannu said:
Because it was irrelevant to the discussion. If you have anything constructive to add to the game's discussion, do so else please refrain from suggesting if one should open a 'rumor' based thread or otherwise.

Thanks Gannu. I really opened this for us itself because everyone likes GTA ofcourse so why not share some info about it? Even if its not announced. The Max Payne 3 thread was just the same it wasn't announced.

GTA iV sadly was the end of my gaming time and weirdly it was the one game that i had preordered....

There is no way in hell that GTA V will come out in 2012. If it was going to come R* would have started the hype machine in 2009 or at max in 2010 itself. The fact that we are in 2nd half of 2011 and still NO official news and only now a few rumors are coming out, I think at best we can hope for 2013 or 2014. To me that seems very likely as I think the next gen consoles will also come in 2013-14 only.

But, if they are going to bring one of the previous cities back then I hope they bring Vice City. That is my favorite GTA of all. Just imagine Vice City and its beaches, sunsets and glitzy night life in the GTA 4 engine.

Sadly, pretttt is spot on. GTA IV was officially revealed in June 2006. GTA V is not coming before 2014 and may even debut on next-gen consoles. Also remember Rockstar North have an announced game, Agent. That is what was announced in 2009 (actually 2007) and will release in 2012.

pretttt said:
But, if they are going to bring one of the previous cities back then I hope they bring Vice City. That is my favorite GTA of all. Just imagine Vice City and its beaches, sunsets and glitzy night life in the GTA 4 engine.

Oh man... you nailed it bang on! That would be totally awesome, bringing back Vice City with better graphics and finesse would be a treat. :D

Latest News :

The Rockstar’s big co-boss, Dan Houser, has provided the first official acknowledgment that Grand Theft Auto 5 is in the works. Houser said that they are working on the city first then they will work on the characters. VG24/7 claiming that GTA 5′s announcement is coming up in the next few months. For the setting, a report says that Rockstar Games went to Hollywood for research, some people believe that it would be there or around Vinewood.

>> i presume every child would want to play GTA 4.

Child? It was a 18+ game. :cool2:

^U broke the law!

vice city certainly brings back memories.but san Andreas was without doubt the best gta.the only thing that comes close is the ballad of gay tony.

vantheman5211 said:
^U broke the law!

vice city certainly brings back memories.but san Andreas was without doubt the best gta.the only thing that comes close is the ballad of gay tony.

I never knew it really mattered here in India because STARMARK sold GTA 4 to me when i was 17 :D Never asked for any id Proof !

I find Vice City to be the best because it was clean simple and exciting! San Andreas just had too much of side stuff like tattoos hair etc. But GTA 4 had a good story as well .. Infact every GTA proves to be the best at that time

Yah, Vice City was amazing IMO also. The 1980's ambience, music, beaches, everything was ubercool! However, the most number of times I have re-played a GTA game, was GTA III. That game I was totally hooked onto for months. :)

I found the flying school to be very annoying in San Andreas. Worst thing was that it wasnt even optional. Even Driving school was annoying but at least I could ignore it. Also, I hated over the top Gangsta style. But, I loved the gang war part and capturing territories while in Los Santos.

But, yea Vice City was by far my favorite. Just the sound track was so amazin. Anyone remember Vice City Public Radio? :p

Back