GTA-IV PC Tweaks/Fixes

I CANT EVEN PLAY FOR 10 MINUTES. it freezes my computer totally. I HAVE TO DO A HARD RESTART FOR IT. DAMN MAN !!!!! MY COMPUTER CONFIG ARE :

MOTHERBOARD : ASUS P5QL PRO
PROCESSOR : INTEL CORE 2 QUAD 2.4GHz Q6600
MEMORY : 2GB DDR2 RAM
GRAPHIC CARD : NVIDIA XFX 9600 GT

ALL GAMES ARE SMOOTHLY PLAYABLE EVEN GTA 4 BUT WITH ****ING PROBLEMS. IT WILL BE GREATFUCL IF ROCKSTAR GIVES A GOOD PATCH OR FIX FOR THE FREEZE.
I HAVE ALL THE UPDATES, DRIVERS, EVERYTHING BUT STILL ONLY THIS ****ING GTA 4 HAS ALL THE PROBLEMS.

MALHOTRA MADAD KAR YAAR PLZ. plz help me bro. SOMEONE PLZ HELP !!!!!

Installed now it says xlive.dll missing. I downloaded and copied it into the folder and now it says that is not designed to work with windows. using windows 7 ultimate.

rite said:
Installed now it says xlive.dll missing. I downloaded and copied it into the folder and now it says that is not designed to work with windows. using windows 7 ultimate.

install GAMES FOR WINDOW LIVE ......if already installed reinstall it .

------------------------
any solution for secuROM ?...........can we make image & play ?
i have made image of DISC1 ,but daemontool just not accepts that image to mount . i don't want that disc to put in drive while playing:no:

Bought an original one now. Uninstalled and installed again. Now it shows a SecuLaucher failed to start error on gtaiv.exe.

It is running like crap even with the commandline file. I get around 10 fps at 12x10 MAX and around 15 on 10x7 Low. Besides, there is constant stuttering.

What is the prob?

Finally worked, but runs like crap.

12x10 MAX
Avg 15-20 FPS
Occasionally >20 <15

12x10 Lowest
Avg 25-30
Quite nice and playable

Shouldn't I get avg 25 FPS even at 12x10 MAX?
mod edit: use the edit button instead of making multiple posts

The only tweak I have tried so far is Dinesh's commandline file and the results:

Avg 15 FPS 12x10 MAX runs like crap with constant stuttering

Avg 25 FPS 12x10 Low runs crap with lesser stuttering

NoName01 said:
My Config : Asus N80VN laptop
4GB ram
Intel C2D t5800
Nvidia 9650M GT 1GB

the game was running fine for past 2 weeks with medium settings. but suddenly from today the game starting freezing and crashing.btw i am on the mission Baby Sitting

any help ?

Turned off Clip Capture and set the settings to Med-High.

Now there is no stuttering as such.

Average FPS are 18-20 although people say they should be around 25-30.

Gaming is decent and playable, though not all that nice and smooth.

To make it run nice and smooth I need to play at 10x7 Grounded with textures on high. Then too there is stuttering while turning during driving.

How are you guys playing fine at 12x10 MAX???

I CANT EVEN PLAY FOR 10 MINUTES. it freezes my computer totally. I HAVE TO DO A HARD RESTART FOR IT. DAMN MAN !!!!! MY COMPUTER CONFIG ARE :

MOTHERBOARD : ASUS P5QL PRO
PROCESSOR : INTEL CORE 2 QUAD 2.4GHz Q6600
MEMORY : 2GB DDR2 RAM
GRAPHIC CARD : NVIDIA XFX 9600 GT

ALL GAMES ARE SMOOTHLY PLAYABLE EVEN GTA 4 BUT WITH ****ING PROBLEMS. IT WILL BE GREATFUCL IF ROCKSTAR GIVES A GOOD PATCH OR FIX FOR THE FREEZE.
I HAVE ALL THE UPDATES, DRIVERS, EVERYTHING BUT STILL ONLY THIS ****ING GTA 4 HAS ALL THE PROBLEMS.

SOMEONE PLZ HELP !!!!!

The game runs fine with this tweak, although the FPS increase is not as great as that person claimed. Anyway, but while driving I am having stuttering, everytime I turn it stops.

The game runs fine with this tweak, although the FPS increase is not as great as that person claimed. Anyway, but while driving I am having stuttering, everytime I turn it stops.

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
it worked for u ???

addin it to the first post

tried this getting 25fps avg while driving 35-60 fps while roaming.
res 1440 x 900
Texture Quality = medium (does this need more vram??.than 512mb)
Render Quality = Highest
View Distance = 0
Detail Distance = 35
Vehicle Density = 50
Shadow Density = 0

applied the tweak ..works like a charm .

playing @ 1920 x 1080. all settings to highest\high .
getting 32-37 fps..absolutely loving it !!

Back