GTA IV PC Patch 6

Haddock

Adept
GTA IV PC Patch 6
Rockstar has announced that Patch 6 for the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV will be available on Games for Windows LIVE very soon. The patch will include all the enhancements found in the PC version of Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, which releases tomorrow in North America.

The most significant changes are the removal of the Social Club application required to launch the game, and enhanced multiplayer security to protect against cheaters. The Moon, which has been absent in the PC version up until now, is available "with simulated lunar phases". Oh boy!

The full list of changes is shown below:
Rockstar Games Social Club
Remove Rockstar Games Social Club application
Separate RGSC application no longer required to launch game
Social Club login now occurs during the launch process

Shadows
A new, less memory-intensive, and better-looking scalable shadow solution has been implemented
Enhanced Night Shadows added with user-selectable level of detail (replaces Shadow Density)

Performance
Rendering optimizations have been made to improve performance, particularly when enabling shadows
User-configurable graphics settings have been added for shadow control
Improved memory management

Multiplayer
Enhanced security to isolate users from cheaters and hackers

Episodic Content
Provide in-game support to purchase "The Lost and Damned" and "The Ballad of Gay Tony" (Not available in Russian/Japanese Versions)

Bug Fixes
Vehicle shadows re-enabled between 8pm and 6am
Fix floating street textures
Pedestrians in vehicles appear further out from the player to allow for long range sniping
The Moon has been implemented with simulated lunar phases
Fixed garbled text in Japanese Multiplayer menus
"RESC 10" error fix for specific hardware configurations
Link: GTA IV PC Patch 6 Announcement.
GRAND THEFT AUTO IV - GTA IV PC Patch 6 (News)

lol pretty good, just hope it includes all the improvements in the euphoria engine that TLaD and TBoGT have implemented successfully, but i kinda am a kinda guy that never plays a game more than once... so this will not matter to me at all..

Good news..

but I really want them to put support for AA in the game. Atleast in EfLC.

psdatta2005 said:
We do need gta4 installed to play there dlc pls explain

no u dont need GTA4, if u buy the new EfLC disc.

u also have the option of buying the DLCs individually from within the game thru GFWL.

Just my guess.

is GTA EFLC game available in bangalore now?

this new update removes RGSC & leaves a new RGSC :mad:

24liip4.png

it logins every time you restart the game.

Haddock said:
is GTA EFLC game available in bangalore now?

I doubt it dude. I had called Glasgow before placing pre-order with Praashant and they had told me they would get the game 2 weeks after the release date!!
That's insane. I had bought GTA4 from them only and that time also they had got it 2 weeks after the release date.

BUT, if you find it anywhere in Bangalore, Please Please do let me know :) .

Will this run better on a 512Mb card now?

I have a 4850 512Mb and they had some stupid setting options where you couldn't select the higher options because you needed a 1 Gb card which was a total turn off and I unistalled it.

Arun1 said:
Will this run better on a 512Mb card now?
I have a 4850 512Mb and they had some stupid setting options where you couldn't select the higher options because you needed a 1 Gb card which was a total turn off and I unistalled it.

Lol, you uninstalled the game and never played it until now just because of that? Well, then surely you don't understand what GTA is all about, so leave this one out as well and play Crysis again :D

Stupid Rock star :(

Am on Legit ver of this GAME * but its the DAM old EFC 20 error cant play it

People, is there any new version of EFC fix ? I mean for the recent patch ? PATCH #6 ? my game says it aint supported :(

Need the New EFC 20 error fix which supports patch 6 :( :( :blink:

Anyone tried the ahem version which was floating around but yeah 490 for this game is full worth of money.

I'm getting the legit version and ALL MUST GET IT TOO

Back