Keyboard + Mouse Razer Cyclosa 2500

Controller Xbox 360 Controller 1200

Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus 900

PSU Seasonic S12II Bronze 520W 4100

ODD LG GH22NS50 900

Speakers AL BXR1221 1300

Total 73900

1- The GTX 570 IMO is an overkill , atleast for GTA 4

2- 4GB RAM (Dual Channel) will suffice , I know i7 and the triple channel does sound tempting , but I dont think it's really necessary - instead i'd spend the green on the accessories

3- 750W PSU ! :mad: Are you NUTS !? A 500watter is more than enough imo.

4- I'd stick to the old intel chips since you wont be overclocking and even with the new ones,if you go with a locked cpu , I think it will not offer a very sweet performance upgrade , so i'd save my 2 grand there - the sabretooth is a great mobo, os good choice there. Here's some reading/looking which can help you decide what you want - i7 950 vs i7 2600K

5- Note , try sourcing a razer onza (if its released yet :huh: )

Cheerio :cool2:

New B3 stepping Sandy Bridge motherboards are out should be here by the end of March and AMD plans to release Bulldozer by end of April tops, in light of this better path for you will be

Intel Core i5 2500K ~ 12K (not sure of this price)

ASUS P8H67-M EVO -- 8K http://in.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=CkMiq3rrqw3yqO5H&templete=2

Corsair XMS 3 1600 MHz OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 1600 MHz (2GB* 2 OR 4GB stick(s)) -- 2.5K/ 4GB stick Gskill Ripjaws 4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz 2GBX2 / Gskill Ripjaws 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB X 1

AMD HD 6950 1GB ~ 15.5K (take 2GB edition only

Cooler Master Silent Pro OR Corsair TX 650W -- 6.5K (not aware of Corsair PSU's price)

NZXT Tempest EVO -- 6.5K

Dell U2311H -- 13.5K

2* 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ~ 1.7K/ per disk (if you want extra storage get the second HDD)

Rest configuration is fine and you can get whatever you want as per your wish. Hope this helps. All prices are from Golccha Inter Trade S.P. Road Bangalore until mentioned otherwise.

@ Alpha - Don't you think the SB i7 is going to be an overkill , considering the OP isn't overclocking ? Even the K-series of chips is not needed IMO, IF and only if the OP is not goin to OC / Also if you are considering OC , then I dont think special HSF is necessary - well because - the new SB kinda performs cool till about 4 gigs / and normal volts (1.3ish)Tempest EVO is 6.5 now ? :| , If so getting a Lancool PC-K62 will be justified for 6.5k + BTW 650W PSU ? Why so much ?

Also / The XMS3 1600- If you are getting a Triple channel kit , at about 4.5ish Grand , then grab it, its a deal well worth the green imo.

How are you l33t it has been long since I saw your posts :) --

The LGA 1366 is a dead platform so that is why I recommend a Sandy-Bridge solution + if you think the Core i5 2500 is overkill OP can be satisfied with a Core i5 2400 (there is only one Core i7 in the Sandy-Bridge family, which is the Core i7 2600/ 2600K). Here is the comparison of a i5 2400 against a Core i7 950 Intel Core i5-2400 Review | bit-tech.net.

I agree the that the LGA 1366 family is good but with the revitalized LGA 1155 family (B3 stepping boards coming), I throughly support the new Sandy-Bridge family, it runs circles around even the Core i7 980x.

The PSU is 650W so that there is sufficient breathing space for later upgrades and overall to be on the safer side. The power consumption of the AMD HD 6950 is not very high compared to the GTX 560 or 570 but still best not to risk a system. Bench - GPU11 - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
TEMPEST EVO is available at Golccha for 6.5K (well lets say Mr. Golccha and I are on friendly terms :), yesterday purchased my first IEMs from there).
The Sandy-Bridge doesn't need Tri-channel memory any Dual channel kit will work, I hope this clears up the dust on the table.

^ Doing fine alpha ,doing fine , bloody exams are getting on my nerves :mad:

Damn It , repping you has become a hard thing lately :| (You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ALPHA17 again.) - The i5-2500 Seems to be a good leap ahead of the lynnfield chips - I just advise the OP to take sufficient caution before buying the motherboards - making sure its the latest revision.

The PSU is 650W so that there is sufficient breathing space

- Yes , Agreed , but can become a little too deep on air and the size of the pocket's hole :p

-Tempest EVO v/s Lancool PC K56 - The winner is the lancool - Makes for an airy choice + looks killer too - but then , I leave it to the OP to decide , tastes vary widely - I would also advise the OP to check out this case called Zebronics Invader (Copy of the Sentey Arvina) - Retails for around the 4 Grand mark.

well lets say Mr. Golccha and I are on friendly terms , yesterday purchased my first IEMs from ther

WHOA ! Amen to that, Great , With desperation comes kindness , This is a true example I must say.

-I hope this new found love for his customers stays for long though.

PS - Edited the previous table.

ooha...
Thanks for all the replies guys. But i have already ordered :( , and have received many of the items.
-------------------------------------------------
I have already ordered the following

Core i-7 960(3.2Ghz, 4 cores,8MB Cache)

6GB (3*2GB)DDR 3 -1333

1GB MSI GTX 570

Cooler Master HAF X (RC-932-KKN1) - cabinet

MegaFlow 200 Transparent Silent Fan (R4-SUS-07AC-GP)

500 GB SATA HDD

LG DVD writer

samsung 22" TFT

Logitech wired keyboard and mouse

ASUS Sabertooth X58

corsair Hx 750
--------------------------------------------------------
I didnt want to risk with the sandybridge (didnt want to be an early adopter, want to wait for few months)...maybe will upgrade to it after an yr or so.

The 650 and 750 PSU were not much different in price. SO went with 750, maybe will be useful while upgrading in future.

Yup 4gb is enough...but someone suggested 3*2gb wud be a better option (W.R.T the triple channel memory stuff..), also not going for the the 1666 as it goes over budget

And as mentioned earlier I will be playing - GTA4, CoD Modern Warfare 2, Far cry 2, MAfia 2, Starcraft 2,Battlefield BC 2 etc

Anyways now its too late to change. Hopefully i will be able to play the above games smoothly in high settings with this configuration.:huh:

PS. I am not sophisticated in the techie stuff as many of you. Sorry if i didnt use the correct technical terms.

Back