GTA 4 - Discussion Thread

Re: GTA 4 General Discussions

Is anyone actually playing this game?

Anyway I'll fire away one of my doubts. Does dating girls & hanging out with me chums in the game actually contributes to the game completion % ? Or are the main missions just the main aspect?

My gta 4 got dispatched WOOOHOOOOOOOO :clap: :hap2: :hap2: :tongue: :tongue: now waiting for patch and new drivers btw when is thhe patch releasing and all the information from gtaforums have bcome false one so when is the patch coming :S

30 fps on ati 4880 x2 it self is impossible

people with
ati 4880 x2
q9590
6gb ram
get 30 avg fps
but the point is while playing the fps goes down to 10 making the game unplayable

i have evga gtx260 216 sc ,e6600,4gb ram ,680 sli lt
even at the low settings they are places where game is unplayable due to low fps

so if u think this game is for feature pc 's thats crap
200$ xbox 360 can run it but 2000$ pc cant run it ?
ati 4880x2 is 20 time better card than xbox360
its just that its the worst port ever done on earth
and more over its comes with game for windows tag
how in the hell did microshit (m$)certified it

^^ Thanks , nice find..

Wow , now this shows how console versions suck in comparison to pc.For a moment I thought the PC version side was actual GTA 4 and the console version side was GTA San Andreas.

@Ethan Hunt, it doesnt help you with your mission mate but u loose your "love" with them if u ignore them, aint no a big deal if u ask me.

They do have some special abilities like reducing your wanted level, guns at cheap rate, etc - which they'll offer once they start liking you.

But you can finish the storyline even without any of their help.

It does matter. Ask me, i am stuck with doing that now after finishing the main storyline.

You have to take each one of your friends (except the date chicks) out on every event available, like eating, darts, bowling etc at least once. It adds a specific percentage to your completion level. Plus you have to complete all of Little Jacobs and Brucies races and missions , plus Catching all Most Wanted's as well as at least complete 20 Vigilante Mission's. And of course , the 200 "Hidden Flying Rats" and the stunt jumps are also there :p

You don't need them for the main storyline. Just that its a bit more fun, and gives you additional help that you may need.

Already completed the main storyline a while back. I got the revenge ending & didn't feel like going back to the "deal" ending. :)

joy1 said:
^^ Thanks , nice find..

Wow , now this shows how console versions suck in comparison to pc.For a moment I thought the PC version side was actual GTA 4 and the console version side was GTA San Andreas.

Yes except for getting the game nearly a year later, a crappy port, no extra content and having to jump through half a dozen hoops just to install and play.

Of course all of it is worth is for that 10 percent extra graphical power. :rolleyes:

And if you actually think the Xbox version looks like SA you are either totally blind or bitter about having to wait. I have played both the versions extensivly (finished the game on the 360 and played it on the PC as well) and I can tell you that at medium settings (which is all my rig can handle, although it can do Crysis at high) the differance isnt noticeable.

Console versions of games as a rule are almost always inferior to the PC versions but this is possibly the worst example of that rule.

PhOeNiX said:
Same here :p. Have now reached 74.75% Completion. Vigilante, Stunts and Flying Rats remaining majorly.
Getting those flying rats is easier said than done. There are around 200 odd pigeons that you need to track & hunt down. The worst part is there is no indication on the map & they are scattered all over the freakin place. I got 2 of them. Once while heading over to Brucie's place & 2nd after meeting up with Derek McReary in the park.

Back