[Group Buy] Internet Download Manager - Pay before June 18

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Jun 10, 2010
Mumbai
I use FDM, IDM seems good but don't know how different it is from FDM which is free. any one knows the difference here ?
I did a small test and how the downloading android studio from google gave me below results.

1) IDM : starting avg was 7mbps + but below 8mbps, in later part it went to 10 mbps but never touched 11mbps. Was slow due to low avg at starting.
2) FDM: starting avg was 9 mbps+ and was around 9.3 to 9.9 mbps the whole time. max it when was 11mbps. Was fast due to high avg speed.

idm.png

fdm.png

Last edited:

ReVo_007

#techie
ex-Mod
Apr 28, 2010
Kolkata
I am wondering what good something like IDM will do over the chrome download manager. I meant it cannot increase the maximum download speeds. A better interface to manage downloads I guess?
basically IDM is a fancy UI over whatever wget offers on linux, the chrome download manager does lack significant amount of features. Plus people are forgetting around 5-8 years back we didn't have 60-100mBps so downloads used to take time. A manager which could use threads to download, and schedule them as well was a very lucrative thing. Right now we download items in less than 5 mins but that wasn't the case long time before.

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Oct 11, 2019
New Delhi
Well idm is one of the best if not the best.
The plugin for browsers allows one to download youtube videos in various resolutions as soon s they start to play.
The integration is seamless.
Very seldom downloaded files are corrupt
Many other features too.

Been using since 10 years

Reactions: Kmkaks

Blue Leaf

Voice of Voiceless
Disciple
Jun 28, 2012
I would like a key too. If anybody is placing order/taking initiative, Do let me know.
TIA