Graphic Cards Graphics card suggestion around 20k

Arjun

Skilled
I currently have 1650 super. I recently bought a LG ultragear 2k gaming monitor. Looking for marginal upgrade to compliment the monitor for gaming. Around 18-20k budget, using i5 12400f , 32gb ram.

Rx 6600 does hower around 20k. Offline might even be cheaper one place was selling it for 18k new. If you're open to used the option increases you could easily get 6600xt for 15-17k with some warranty left. I bought I used Rx 6600 for 11500

RX6600 isnt much of an upgrade from a 1650 super.
What?

1716088472900.png

RX6600 isnt much of an upgrade from a 1650 super.
Wrong, double the performance & VRAM. For 20k, it is decent for a new card, as anything cheaper is just bad, like waste of money. Check the graph posted above (RX580 is where 1650S is, bit lower than that actually considering that's 8GB VRAM model).

My recommendation will be used RX 6700XT, if not used 3060Ti under 18k or used 3070 for ~20k (all can be had with about 1 year warranty remaining in used market, even cheaper if w/o warranty, but I won't recommend those).

Wrong, double the performance & VRAM. For 20k, it is decent for a new card, as anything cheaper is just bad, like waste of money. Check the graph posted above (RX580 is where 1650S is, bit lower than that actually considering that's 8GB VRAM model).

My recommendation will be used RX 6700XT, if not used 3060Ti under 18k or used 3070 for ~20k (all can be had with about 1 year warranty remaining in used market, even cheaper if w/o warranty, but I won't recommend those).
I would prefer Nvidia but I agree with the rest, for 1440p and below, 8gb cards are chugging along just fine, it's probably copium from my side but DLSS/RT support for me is on a higher priority than vram, my 5i has a 3070ti M (equivalent to a 3060ti), and I ran fricking path tracing on it in Cyberpunk and it as very playable, with low 40s average, and DLSS is just DLSS, no need for me to say anything,

That said, for OP, my recommendation would be to hold off on any purchase if you can, Nvidia is gonna be launching 50xx this year and used 40xx series will be flooding the market soon enough, and. you'll get access to DLSS FG (which is again superior to FSR 3's FG by a margin)

I would prefer Nvidia but I agree with the rest, for 1440p and below, 8gb cards are chugging along just fine, it's probably copium from my side but DLSS/RT support for me is on a higher priority than vram, my 5i has a 3070ti M (equivalent to a 3060ti), and I ran fricking path tracing on it in Cyberpunk and it as very playable, with low 40s average, and DLSS is just DLSS, no need for me to say anything,

That said, for OP, my recommendation would be to hold off on any purchase if you can, Nvidia is gonna be launching 50xx this year and used 40xx series will be flooding the market soon enough, and. you'll get access to DLSS FG (which is again superior to FSR 3's FG by a margin)
I have a 2+ years old 3070. 8GB VRAM is surely not enough for 1440p now in all the latest games. 8GB is still fine for 1080p gaming for sure.

Reason - PS5 has like 10GB VRAM apparently, so games are optimised for that. So you have to lower textures even though the GPU is competent enough.

I have a 2+ years old 3070. 8GB VRAM is surely not enough for 1440p now in all the latest games. 8GB is still fine for 1080p gaming for sure.

Reason - PS5 has like 10GB VRAM apparently, so games are optimised for that. So you have to lower textures even though the GPU is competent enough.
eh, the only games where I had to lower textures was forbidden west and phantom liberty but yeah we are barely scraping by, still I am pretty biased towards Nvidia, dlss is just magic, I really wish amd would release their own ML upscaling solution, at this point it's just stubbornness by them

btw ps5 has 16 gigs out of which 3-4gb is system reserved so it's around 12 gigs which games can use but the requirements are increased on PC, because we don't have an equivalent of ps5's,unified arch

Back