Graphic Cards Graphics card from US

Aces170 said:
Hmm where do people come up with such stuff? :) Did you even know ATI is owned by AMD, now why wouldnt they make better products for their own product?

As Shripad said, avoid refurbished stuff, at that budget buy a 1gb 4870.

i know ATI is owned by AMD :ashamed:
friend told me .. tats why i asked ...
will go for 1 gb 4870 only...
btw ... ATI 58xx series available on newegg ..but its very costly...
heard that another 5xxx series AMD gonna launch soon...
and that gfx card gonna cost 5k in india .... and power consumptions are also very low ...
Any one knows about it ???
should i buy 4870 or wait for 5xxx series (which is not yet launched )??
any news when it gonna launch ??

heard that another 5xxx series AMD gonna launch soon...

and that gfx card gonna cost 5k in india .... and power consumptions are also very low ...

Any one knows about it ???

should i buy 4870 or wait for 5xxx series (which is not yet launched )??

any news when it gonna launch ??

Again where did you get the info? :p you seriously need to stop listening to your friend :) Its gonna be a while before AMD releases the mid range cards, and it surely will be above 8k in India. If you can wait for 5-6 months, maybe the AMD mid range would have been released till then, but HD 5850 is gonna be over your budget too (300 USD, and 18k INR respectively). So its upto you buy a 4870 1 gb, or wait for 57xx series.

WOKIES.......

will stick to 4870 1 GB .... final and decided :S

okies .. 1 more thing i wanna ask you people ..

can i get a nice tv tuner card from US which will work over here ?? (analog cable connection)

will it work over here ... any region issues ???

if no then plz give me a link of nice tv tuner card ... which gives nice picture quality on my 22" HD LCD...

5770 will compete with 4870......with lesser power consumption...so all the way wait for the 5770 untill oct 15.....u wont be disappointed....
even if the 5770 is overpriced(over 10K-but noway),it will make the 4800 series very cheaper....so my advice will be to wait...fo the DX11 gpu.

am also luking for a gud ATI gpu for my new 22" HD LCD...actually i was thinking about 4850 1gb or 4870.....but confused what to do?..so now am waiting for the 5770 to be released....and am sure that it will be in my...OUR budget .:)

Aces170 said:
Hmm where do people come up with such stuff? :) Did you even know ATI is owned by AMD, now why wouldnt they make better products for their own product?

check this out:)
Your eyes are not deceiving you. After 100+ clean OS installs, countless video card, motherboard, memory and driver combinations, we have results that are not only repeatable, but appear to be valid. We also tracked in-game performance with FRAPS and had similar results. Put simply, unless we have something odd going on with driver optimizations, a BIOS bug, or a glitch in the OS, our NV cards perform better on the AMD platform than they do on the Intel platform. The pattern reverses itself when we utilize the AMD video cards.

AnandTech: i5 / P55 Lab Update - Now with more numbers

I think its more of a P55 related issue, the platform is new, give it time and in-consistencies such as these will be reversed.

hey guys me really really really confused which graphics card should i buy among this 2 ...

1. Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100279-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

2. Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100283L Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Only diffrence between these gfx cards is 5770 is 128 bit whereas 4870 256 bit.

also 5770 is direct x 11 and 4870 is directx 10 cpmpatible.

Price diffrence between two is just 5$ .

So please let me know which 1 should i go ...

frnd telling performance wise go for 48701GB 256-bit.

5770 lies in between 4870 and 4850 performance wise

and is ~= 512mb 4780.

what should i do ???

need to buy within 2 days .. as sis gonna fly to mumbai soon....

plz plz help. frnd is suggesting go for 5750 instead of 5750

helppppppppppppppp :help:

Depending on how often you upgrade your graphics card, the 5770 is either a good buy, or a pass in favor of the GeForce GTX 260 or Radeon 4870.

If you plan to upgrade again in 6-12 months, you’ll probably want to go with a Radeon 4870 1GB or GeForce GTX 260. Thanks to their superior memory bandwidth, these cards perform better than the 5770 in today’s games, which are largely based on DX9 or DX10.

if you plan to hold on to your card a little longer, say 2 or 3 years, you’ll definitely be better off in the long run going with Radeon 5770.

Back