Grand Theft Auto VI

PSA...
1699489154776.png

Fingers crossed for a complete version release (not a half baked public beta) and PC included at launch...
If there's one thing I can give props to R* for - it's the quality of their single player campaigns. I have little doubt that they will deliver on that front (after all the horse ball detail is a well known excuse of "tedious/unnecessary" detail). They take great pride in their indulgent open worlds. Can't say the same for the online component. Keep in mind a lot of key people have now left R* tho so I'm just curious how it will affect the direction and tone of their future titles.

As for the PC port... it will be f'ing hilarious if they forgot about it like they did for rdr 1 :sob: (it'll prolly come in a couple years, i'd die laughing if it doesn't tho).

key people have now left R* tho so I'm just curious how it will affect the direction and tone of their future titles.
I personally feel that it will be fine. A few key people did leave but honestly the company is just massive now thanks to them that they can very well be replaced. Albeit I have no doubt that we will be stuck with this GTA for another 15 years. R* would have absolutely wired the shit out of the game's online section to be the de facto standard of Games as a service, and learnt from their mistakes in RDR2 Online. If people thought GTA online was bad then I can only imagine GTA6. However I trust in the singeplayer to be great like you said.

I hope for the best too, but key creative people leaving parent companies have habitually spelled doom for our fave franchises (if only drew karpyshyn stuck around with me3 :grumpy:). I'm not too hung up on R*'s case, tho I am convinced the narrative tone of the story will take a significant departure from previous gta v. I'm sure it will be good either way.

Anyway, I played GTA5 for the first time few years back and it was very underwhelming imo. I have no hype for this.

I think crack culture is fading. There are no cracks for many games since their releases last year, take for eg: NFS.
True that.

But with a game like this, there will sure be some attempts, because with any scene who cracked this game, just imagine the amount of street cred they would get. Money making possibilities are endless, one being all they have to do is, hide a small crypto miner in the crack, the compute power they will get, cause almost everyone who pirate games will sure like to give this one a try.

Or even clever would be get the game cracked, make name for yourself, then do the scam in the next releases.

Just my hypothetical thoughts rolling.

Anyway, I played GTA5 for the first time few years back and it was very underwhelming imo. I have no hype for this.
In terms of mission design yes, it's very restrictive and annoying. But the living breathing worlds they create is top notch. I have no desire to replay any of the story missions from gta v or rdr2 yet I open up both games from time to time just to drive/ride around or even to take a stroll. The true achievement of R* is they're adept at making worlds I don't wanna leave. I just sit down, listen to their wonderful radio catalogue in a ps2 era 3d car model and just watch my character bob his head up and down with the beat, or a random stranger coming up and complimenting my ride. There has been not a single rpg that I've played that feels more lived in than GTA/RDR games. That is where the joy lies in the games for me, just picking a direction and going.

I think crack culture is fading. There are no cracks for many games since their releases last year, take for eg: NFS.
Denuvo has gotten stronger and not worth the manpower for most scenes. Still GTA 6 is as high of a profile a launch can be, but remember they prefer selling on console first because PC games become real cheap real fast - piracy being one of but not the only factor.

Back