Hi,

Currently I have a PC with the current configuration

CPU - AMD Ryzen 1600 AM4
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3
RAM - HyperX Fury 8GB (2X4GB)
GPU - AMD Sapphire R9 270 (non-X)
Storage - Seagate Terracuda 1TB
PSU - Antec VP450P

I want to upgrade my GPU as it's now 7 years old and a lot of the games won't work smooth anymore. (Currently Spiderman is working with Low graphic settings).

I am worried that along with upgrading GPU, I may have to upgrade PSU as well. Please suggest

Hi,

Currently I have a PC with the current configuration

CPU - AMD Ryzen 1600 AM4
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3
RAM - HyperX Fury 8GB (2X4GB)
GPU - AMD Sapphire R9 270 (non-X)
Storage - Seagate Terracuda 1TB
PSU - Antec VP450P

I want to upgrade my GPU as it's now 7 years old and a lot of the games won't work smooth anymore. (Currently Spiderman is working with Low graphic settings).

I am worried that along with upgrading GPU, I may have to upgrade PSU as well. Please suggest
you cpu might bottleneck Rx 6600.
you will need a new PSU too

It would be better if you could tell what your budget is. As of now, I think you can upgrade to any 100-150W card that is RX 7600 or an RTX 3060/4060. If low on budget try getting used with a warranty. Your CPU will most likely be a bottleneck. And ya SSD, try to get one, prices of SSD are relatively low nowadays.

4060 might be the only new good performing GPU that needs a 450W PSU as requirement. Others recommend 550W. 4060 is very efficient but poorly priced.

OP - mention RAM's frequency as well. If it is under 3000MHz, that might become a bottleneck as well.

Else, you need new CPU (R5 5600), 2x 4GB RAM, SSD, new PSU & GPU. Expect 40k+ spend at least.

Flipkart sells 3060ti often for 22.5k (inno3d) try to get that, and for psu I would recommend you to get a 650w like pm650d 80+ gold under budget segment. Cpu 1600 should work for the time being for 1440p resolution but you need to change it to something like 5500 (if under budget) to make full util of 3060ti.3060ti for me is like the basic upgrade every current gen budget PC should have.

Flipkart sells 3060ti often for 22.5k (inno3d) try to get that, and for psu I would recommend you to get a 650w like pm650d 80+ gold under budget segment. Cpu 1600 should work for the time being for 1440p resolution but you need to change it to something like 5500 (if under budget) to make full util of 3060ti.3060ti for me is like the basic upgrade every current gen budget PC should have.
how does Rx 6600 compare to 3060 ti ?
which platform has additional advantages??

It would be better if you could tell what your budget is. As of now, I think you can upgrade to any 100-150W card that is RX 7600 or an RTX 3060/4060. If low on budget try getting used with a warranty. Your CPU will most likely be a bottleneck. And ya SSD, try to get one, prices of SSD are relatively low nowadays.
Ok, I didn't see the Budget thing above. I would personally do the following if had a budget of 40k and wanted to stick to the current Motherboard for some reason. 4.7K 1TB WD Blue SN570 M.2 SSD(I checked and believe your Motherboard has a gen 3 m.2 slot), 8x2GB RAM 3200 cl16 Corsair 4K, AMD 3600 for 9k, 650W PSU bronze Corsair/Coolermaster 5K or lower depending on your need/want. Should be left with ~17300. You can sell your old components and I assume that should at least get you 4-5k, I am just guessing it might be more. I would get a used RX 6700 XT (I checked and the performance loss in PCIE gen 3 is around ~1-2% max so should be ok in your build), I have seen these go for 20-21k with around 1-1.5 yrs warranty. If you are left with any leftover well you can invest in improving cooling for your CPU or add fans to your cabinet if required.

The reason for a complete upgrade like this is simple, even an Rx 6600 will not be fully utilized in your current PC and 8 GB RAM and an HDD for games do not perform well nowadays.

These should be a major leap in your gaming experience compared to now. You can choose to increase your budget if you want or just get a GPU for around 40k if you plan on building a new PC in a year.

Ok, I didn't see the Budget thing above. I would personally do the following if had a budget of 40k and wanted to stick to the current Motherboard for some reason. 4.7K 1TB WD Blue SN570 M.2 SSD(I checked and believe your Motherboard has a gen 3 m.2 slot), 8x2GB RAM 3200 cl16 Corsair 4K, AMD 3600 for 9k, 650W PSU bronze Corsair/Coolermaster 5K or lower depending on your need/want. Should be left with ~17300. You can sell your old components and I assume that should at least get you 4-5k, I am just guessing it might be more. I would get a used RX 6700 XT (I checked and the performance loss in PCIE gen 3 is around ~1-2% max so should be ok in your build), I have seen these go for 20-21k with around 1-1.5 yrs warranty. If you are left with any leftover well you can invest in improving cooling for your CPU or add fans to your cabinet if required.

The reason for a complete upgrade like this is simple, even an Rx 6600 will not be fully utilized in your current PC and 8 GB RAM and an HDD for games do not perform well nowadays.

These should be a major leap in your gaming experience compared to now. You can choose to increase your budget if you want or just get a GPU for around 40k if you plan on building a new PC in a year.
rather than buying 3600 for 9k, its best to buy a 5500, almost same price you quoted with much much better perf (just make sure bios supports it), SN570 is overpriced because you can get gen 4 ssd for 4.7k with card offer on amazon and should be a better buy (future proofing for same price), you can get a 3070ti used for 21k these days easy which is much better than 6700xt, Dont suggest CM PSU in low end as they tend to fair very very often, better go for PM650d by deepcool 80+ gold for same price almost.

Back