Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

We should not forget that tsmc has increased their fabrication price upto 9%.
Updated the percentage.Its upto 9%.
Not sure how it will impact.
From what i remember...for matured pricess like 7nm and such prices will be higher...for unmature process it will be lower but quite some of lots till next 2-3 years have already been booked. And prices have increased certainly for wafers.

From what i remember...for matured pricess like 7nm and such prices will be higher...for unmature process it will be lower but quite some of lots till next 2-3 years have already been booked. And prices have increased certainly for wafers.
Yeah. I read something like that but the 9% tsmc told will apply from 2023. Not sure how it will impact Indian Market.

if we consider a 20% increase in msrp as best case scenario we are still looking at 74-75k msrp for 4080. so Aibs will sell for 85-90 range. similar for rest of the lineup.

I don't think that's gonna happen with this new gen cards, it'll be great if it does let's see.

Nvidia will adjust the volumes to keep the prices high. As always, they would launch the flagship first, 4060 will probably be launched 6 moths after 4090/4080.
Unless you got a 3000 series FE, everyone paid much more to acquire AIB card. 3080 Ti was closer to 3090 in price than 3080.
4000 Series will not be cheap, and if rumours are to be believed it would require more power.
That would snowball into an expensive upgrade including PSU, UPS, and new wiring if one doesn't have 16 Amp power plug in the same room.

Nvidia will adjust the volumes to keep the prices high. As always, they would launch the flagship first, 4060 will probably be launched 6 moths after 4090/4080.
Unless you got a 3000 series FE, everyone paid much more to acquire AIB card. 3080 Ti was closer to 3090 in price than 3080.
4000 Series will not be cheap, and if rumours are to be believed it would require more power.
That would snowball into an expensive upgrade including PSU, UPS, and new wiring if one doesn't have 16 Amp power plug in the same room.
All ok here but 16a power plug ? In india we get 220v power that gets to about 220x16 = 3520w. Are these cards also holding an ac within them...worst case scenario even a normal good quality socket installed in our homes is 6a. That should handle sustained load of 1000-1100 watts with ease.

All ok here but 16a power plug ? In india we get 220v power that gets to about 220x16 = 3520w. Are these cards also holding an ac within them...worst case scenario even a normal good quality socket installed in our homes is 6a. That should handle sustained load of 1000-1100 watts with ease.
You might need PSU with wattage upwards of 1200+ if transient requirement doesn't come down, we would be cutting it too close. Also, APC UPS Pro 1500 comes with India 3-pin 16A.

We don't actually need 16A but companies are giving PSUs and UPSs with 16A plug.

My PSU (600watt) came with 16A plug, I had to change it with 6A cord. Sadly the same can't be done with UPS without losing warranty.

We don't actually need 16A but companies are giving PSUs and UPSs with 16A plug.

My PSU (600watt) came with 16A plug, I had to change it with 6A cord. Sadly the same can't be done with UPS without losing warranty.
True. There was no spare 16A plug near my PC. I had to buy a new cable.

Thankfully my 850 SFX PSU came with Indian plug, no such problem, the main issue is with the UPS.
My monitor came with 16Amp plug. The retailer was complaining that it was due to BIS standard jumping from 6 to 16 Amp directly.
That's a problem...your hardware will blow before the fuse in cable blows.
I don't want anything to blow :)

That's a problem...your hardware will blow before the fuse in cable blows.
Electricity doesn't work like that.

Anyway, no matter whatever wattage 4080 comes with, indian 6A system can handle a few of them. Electricals are always done with overkill mindset. 6A system (which is now technically a 10A system) can easily handle 1.5 AC for generations. But we like to overkill AC with 16A wiring.

Let's not waste anymore words on whether Indian regular electricals. Save them for stupid Americans who operate at 110V.

Thankfully my 850 SFX PSU came with Indian plug, no such problem, the main issue is with the UPS.
My monitor came with 16Amp plug. The retailer was complaining that it was due to BIS standard jumping from 6 to 16 Amp directly.

I don't want anything to blow :)
It was just a statement buddy, any hardware you connect if shorts will have to draw about 3.5-3.6kw before that 16a fuse will blow out...if there is a short in hardware you can understand what such amount of power can do to the electronics. Even with all those protections in place.
Electricity doesn't work like that.

Anyway, no matter whatever wattage 4080 comes with, indian 6A system can handle a few of them. Electricals are always done with overkill mindset. 6A system (which is now technically a 10A system) can easily handle 1.5 AC for generations. But we like to overkill AC with 16A wiring.

Let's not waste anymore words on whether Indian regular electricals. Save them for stupid Americans who operate at 110V.
I would like to point out i have an engineering degree and 18years of experience talking before i opened my mouth. We could discuss seperately to come to a conclusion but i agree we are deviating off topic.

I would like to point out i have an engineering degree and 18years of experience talking before i opened my mouth. We could discuss seperately to come to a conclusion but i agree we are deviating off topic.
And I have done whole houses electricals with my bare hands from the time I was in highschool and we didn't even have any fancy power tools back then. If you could cheat physics with engineering degree and 18 years of experience then more power to you!

And I have done whole houses electricals with my bare hands from the time I was in highschool and we didn't even have any fancy power tools back then. If you could cheat physics with engineering degree and 18 years of experience then more power to you!
What makes you think i have not done multiple houses and office electricals multiple times over in my experienced tenure ? just because you have done something does not mean others have not.
If you think doing house electrical gives you enough experience to teach other professional then more power to you :)

All ok here but 16a power plug ? In india we get 220v power that gets to about 220x16 = 3520w
Wrong calculation. This is the calculation for the upper limit of 16A plug/wire system. For needing 16A, one need not and must not cross its upper limit. For needing 16A, one or more of these conditions suffice, at least for laymen :
1. The lower power bracket than 16 A (say 6A ) is breached, or uncomfortably close to doing so. Just 2 monitors, a powerful PC, a light, a few mobile and laptop chargers are enough to challenge the 6A system.
2. For laymen, just the fact that PSU, e.g. even CX650 from Corsair comes with the bigger connector for which they start thinking of plugging into 16 A.

Wrong calculation. This is the calculation for the upper limit of 16A plug/wire system. For needing 16A, one need not and must not cross its upper limit. For needing 16A, one or more of these conditions suffice, at least for laymen :
1. The lower power bracket than 16 A (say 6A ) is breached, or uncomfortably close to doing so. Just 2 monitors, a powerful PC, a light, a few mobile and laptop chargers are enough to challenge the 6A system.
2. For laymen, just the fact that PSU, e.g. even CX650 from Corsair comes with the bigger connector for which they start thinking of plugging into 16 A.
You said what i said...you better explained it...i was pointing out one won't need 16a as that is way too much amperage for a pc. I am running 2 high powered pcs on a single 6a connector...with normal usage i never faced a problem yet as general usage is not as taxing as people make us believe. However if i want to run a continuous 1000w load i would consider going over 6a sockets and switches and not forgetting you would need to put 4mm wiring running from the mains directly to the point to actually make a difference. Simply by installing a 16a socket and switch won't do.

Thanks for the explaining it well though.

Adding to it if you do end up with a system using about 1200w ensure your sockets switches or anything installed to protect cuts off about 10-20% over that to avoid fires and major mishaps.

Looks like we need separate thread for md deals.

Use coupon : bxo0hV5f
Keep checking it's coming and going out of stock
unknown.png

if we consider a 20% increase in msrp as best case scenario we are still looking at 74-75k msrp for 4080. so Aibs will sell for 85-90 range. similar for rest of the lineup.
I think they'll bump price of 4080 series from $699 to $799 or even $899.
Ampere was another 1080Ti moment for Nvidia, 3080 was such a good value compared to 3090 that this time they will not only increase performance gap between 4080 and 4090 but also its price so 4090 looks better in terms of value.

I think they'll bump price of 4080 series from $699 to $799 or even $899.
Ampere was another 1080Ti moment for Nvidia, 3080 was such a good value compared to 3090 that this time they will not only increase performance gap between 4080 and 4090 but also its price so 4090 looks better in terms of value.
that is what i think as well, But scalpers and greedy sellers are definitely going to keep process inflated during the first 6-10months :(

Back