PC Peripherals Got it...

Vandal

Skilled
Finally after more than a month of bi****** I got what will probably be my first in a set of 2*1 GB memory sticks... These are corsair TwinX 3200PT...now the timings are very slow 3-3-3-8, but I have got em to go @ 2.5-3-3-6.....ddr 400, with no heating probs...next trick will be to try 2-3-3-6 in which case they'll be equal to the C2 ones which were quoted @ 4K more...More for less I say:bleh:

Cannot wait to get my other sticks....
Now someone mentioned crucial's being the only ones doing 2-2-2-5 @ 400 MHz and that too 2*1GB. I am severely interested...please go on

Where is Crucial available here? Also will DDR 500 be any real good as compared to the premium I pay and is it possible @ 2-3-3-6 settings for 2*1 gig??

Anish said:
Yes, Crucial is the best choice for 2*1GB kits. You can order from http://www.crucial.com/ and they ship to India...

buddy checked crucial like u said...sure they ship here, but DDR 400 someone mentioned 2-2-2-5 I think that's impossible..man 512's timings....

Moreover the best timings for DDR 400 I could find was 2-3-3-8, way behind corsair that has 2-3-3-6....

btw has anyone seen corsair LL's...2*1 gigs @ 2-3-2-6.....they seem to be a rarity and the corsair guys say will cost over 20K....:p

Othwerwise get OCZ, in fact these was a nice comparison on Anandtech of 1GB DIMM's and OCZ was pretty good..Just search for the link...

Back