got chinese tea in the package instead of S:flo2 (ordered on Mp4 nation)

thebanik

Skilled
May 23, 2007
malhotraraul said:
i do not understand, what have they got to do with this, guess it was from the origin itself & even Chinese tea is not that cheap, one needs to have it to replace it.
This is all to do with Customs, its a regular thing at customs to pinch stuff out of packages.......

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Jun 21, 2008
FL
I am beginning to dislike these guys more....

Anyone please start a Mp4nation feedback thread please. :S.... atleast some hits from a indian site maybe then these guys think twice before ridiculing someone.

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
gamingstill said:
i will try my luck at the foreign post office tomm..

..and what happened ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

thebanik said:
This is all to do with Customs, its a regular thing at customs to pinch stuff out of packages.......

..and nobody can do anything about it ?

paperwork etc, showing x,y,z was in the shipment.

chiron

Skilled
Feb 8, 2006
lol... the mp4nation guy who wrote that letter is a idiot... even if they didn't want to help they could have typed in a courteous letter and still had public opinion with them.

arun687

Skilled
Jun 28, 2009
Mumbai
Phew!! Just went through the entire thread. Really scary stuff. The reply from them was very rude and uncalled for. I believe Paypal can do something to charge back the amount? What's the status as of now?

Also, this may be a lesson for most of us who buy lot of stuff online internationally as well as from ebay.in etc. I never opened any package and checked before signing the courier delivery. Is it really permitted and will the courier guys allow you to do this or not? Many ebay sellers also mention this in their listing, to check the stuff before signing.

Gaurish

ex-Mod
Apr 7, 2006
Jaipur
www.gaurishsharma.com
This thread serves as reminder to all of us, what can possibly go wrong while importing electronics items. And how important is it to use a good courier service *with tracking* ability. EMS/Unregistered parcels are only good for low value items.

OP, you can two things:

a) Opening a Dispute with Paypal, if its not more 60days since payment(probability of success: 30%)

b) Following up with custom office((probability of success: 1%)

I am not saying these would work, but there is no hard in trying. I can understand why you are mad at mp4nation but they it looks like they are not at fault. Next time, use a better shipping method and get the package insured if possible. it sure would cost you more but there is a surely that you will get the package.

gamingstill

Game Developer
Adept
Oct 25, 2008
Delhi
paypal not doing any refund as the status shows ->

Status

We're unable to decide this claim in your favour at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the delivery of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality.

What happens next

We encourage you to work directly with your seller to resolve this matter.

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
^ if he used EMS shipping this would not have happened. using standard shipping for a costly item and undervaluing it was a bad mistake. The customs check each and everything - they have 4-5 persons just to open and close and check value of the stuff, so people should think twice and thrice before undervaluing items. imo, he'll just have to forget all that money and any hopes of getting that device now. He has no proof so no one will take him seriously.

connect

Disciple
May 3, 2009
the package is lost and the OP has lost his money , i ma very sorry for the OP's loss , but i think this story has a sad ending only,

i wud just say that gamingstill shud forget abt it at the earliest and consider this as a lesson learnt at the expense of 8k of hard earned money,

just try to forget it and get over it ASAP

sorry for ur loss once again :)

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
6pack said:
imo, he'll just have to forget all that money and any hopes of getting that device now. He has no proof so no one will take him seriously.
I would wait until his meet with the customs before arriving at this conclusion :)

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
I don't think he has postal proof of signing the document that came with the parcel. Go to the customs and first thing they'll ask is what's the proof that you took the parcel. No one takes a photocopy of the postal form where we have to sign while paying duty. And that proof is required for further inquiries or any objection to duty etc. Having false hope's will only trouble the person who has it.

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
6pack said:
I don't think he has postal proof of signing the document that came with the parcel.
I'm assuming he still has the orginal packing as displayed by the pics on the first page. He cannot get possession of the parcel without signing the document that came with it.

6pack said:
Go to the customs and first thing they'll ask is what's the proof that you took the parcel.
The original packing, which has barcodes etc.
6pack said:
No one takes a photocopy of the postal form where we have to sign while paying duty. And that proof is required for further inquiries or any objection to duty etc.
Again the original packing.
6pack said:
Having false hope's will only trouble the person who has it.
I'd rephrase as saying he has nothing to lose. Clearly paisapay & mp4nation are not going to be any more forthcoming. Customs is lterally his last hope.