Got A Mac? Want A $50 Video Converter For Free?

ayanavish

- binned -
Skilled
MacX Mobile Video Converter normally costs $49.95, but the company is offering 40,000 free licences between now and April 10th. As I write this, there are around 37,000 free copies left, so why not head to http://www.macxdvd.com/giveaway/giveaway.htm and grab one for yourself?

Just click the Get It Free button on the page to download the zip file installer. It's a 20 MB download, and malware-free according to VirusTotal. I don't use a Mac, so I haven't tested this program, but Digiarty's products are generally useful and reliable.

When you download the zip file, you'll find the serial number and the .dmg installer inside.

Source: http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/got-mac-want-50-video-converter-free.htm

Downloaded and registered. did what its supposed to do.
The ZIP file has two files. Installer and a txt file
TXT contains this info
Giveaway Product: MacX Mobile Video Converter

License Key: XX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXX

Note: 1) No free upgrades to future versions for giveaway product; 2) Please activate it before April 17, 2014.

Downloaded and registered. did what its supposed to do.
The ZIP file has two files. Installer and a txt file
TXT contains this info
Giveaway Product: MacX Mobile Video Converter

License Key: XX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXX

Note: 1) No free upgrades to future versions for giveaway product; 2) Please activate it before April 17, 2014.
I don't understand the statergy behind this. If you cannot upgrade to future versions, then wouldn't people simply pirate?

I don't understand the statergy behind this. If you cannot upgrade to future versions, then wouldn't people simply pirate?

This is the strategy - once you start using a product, more than likely you will upgrade to a new version once it is released with more features. Most of the giveaways are directed towards potential customers. If you want to pirate a software, you will anyway pirate so, pirates are not the targets of this giveaway.

That's obvious. What I think it may make their product popular. However may be 1-2% of people buy the new version.

Back