Android Google play update error for already installed app..

Futureized

Skilled
I am using mod apk of Fx file Explorer (v 9.x) on TV + phone to connect easily to my PC using SMB protocol.
Updated that mod today.

Now getting this error every time, there is an update for any app.
Anyway to get rid of this message, without reverting back to old apk or uninstall this app ?
Getting this error message once I uninstall mod apk.
Install from play store and then try to update again:

app not installed as package appears to be invalid

Attachments

• google play store error.jpg
    google play store error.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
A bit difficult to understand the exact sequence of actions from your post but a modded apk will have a different signature compared to the Play Store app and will never install over it. Even different modded versions created by different people will have different signatures and will not install over each other.

A bit difficult to understand the exact sequence of actions from your post but a modded apk will have a different signature compared to the Play Store app and will never install over it. Even different modded versions created by different people will have different signatures and will not install over each other.
Earlier old version was working fine.
Will try from other sources or get back to old mod apk

Ty
Update, it got fixed own it's own.
Turned mobile on/off and now it's gone..

Last edited:
It seems not resolved, so appears again in past store updates.
But warn I click update same pesky errors
If rooted, you can delink the app from the store which is waht I do with the Revanced YT app. Even otherwise, if the app appearing in the update list doesn't bother you, you can just disable auto-update for the app and keep using the old version.

If rooted, you can delink the app from the store which is waht I do with the Revanced YT app. Even otherwise, if the app appearing in the update list doesn't bother you, you can just disable auto-update for the app and keep using the old version.
Non-rooted mobile.
Tried to enable/disable auto-update from right top of app in play store, nothing works..

There is a itchy irritation, when you find only 1 app not getting updated everyday in play store

Back