Google Nexus One is out!

google.com/phone

order the phone and give your UK address. simble! :p thats what i did and i'm in Singapore :)

MAGNeT said:
Review says battery life is horrible compare to even iphone..wht do geeks suggest?jump on it....or wait a bit

Which review?
As far as I have read, it seems to be on par with droid and other Android phone and iPhone in terms of battery life with lighter use lasting over whole day.

With heavy 3G + GPS + Wifi and Multimedia use it lasted good 12 hours in one review which said is on par with their iPhone experience.

Shripad said:
Which review?
As far as I have read, it seems to be on par with droid and other Android phone and iPhone in terms of battery life with lighter use lasting over whole day.

With heavy 3G + GPS + Wifi and Multimedia use it lasted good 12 hours in one review which said is on par with their iPhone experience.

The link which aces have mentioned in this thread

it says

On the downside: all this hardware bling is an energy hog. The screen will self adjust brightness and Google is smart about turning down the processor when it’s not being used. But I’ve found battery life to be woefully brief, even by iPhone standards. Officially the phone has up to 7 hours talk time, 250 hours standby, 5 hours of 3G Internet use, 7 hours of video playback and 20 hours of audio playback. Unofficially, I was able to kill the fully charged battery with 1.5 hours of continuous gameplay (Robo Defense) on the full-brightness screen. Be prepared to keep this phone near a charger at all times. You can easily view what’s using the battery, though (the screen is 71% of my current usage), and then adjust the hardware or software usage to maximize battery life.

Well the nexus one reviews are contradictory, some reviews point out that the phone has good battery life while some point out that the battery life sucks. So IMHO, take the opinions with a pinch of salt :)

Why Google has blown it with the Nexus One | Mobilize - InfoWorld

But the Nexus One doesn't really move that goal forward. The truth is even if you buy an "unlocked" Nexus One from Google and pay full price ($529), you can't use it with any carrier. It works just with T-Mobile. Later this year Google will have separate versions for Verizon Wireless and -- for the United Kingdom, Singapore, and Hong Kong -- Vodafone. Other carriers would have to agree to let you use a Nexus One on their networks. It's not clear that they will, especially in North America.

Hmm something missing here?

+LT

Amaresh said:
Just read the Engadget review (Nexus One review -- Engadget) - It doesn't get me excited at all.

engadget is iPhone fanboy club to be honest. The only thing that get them excited is something related to iPhone :p

They couldnt even resist posting non sarcastic news post about Nexus getting full flash 10.1 support.

So decent non negative review from engadget for android phone = phone is great :p

linuxtechie said:

That dude is an idiot who does not even understand difference between GSM and CDMA networks or thinks all phones are dual mode phones.

This phone will work with all GSM networks in 2G (EDGE / GPRS ) and Tmobile 3G in US, and all EU / Indian 3G carriers.

So we Indians dont really have anything to worry about. It will work with current and future 3G carriers here.

Shripad said:
This phone will work with all GSM networks in 2G (EDGE / GPRS ) and Tmobile 3G in US, and all EU / Indian 3G carriers.
So we Indians dont really have anything to worry about. It will work with current and future 3G carriers here.

Hey, are you sure about this? If it is true, then I am getting a nexus one for my t-mobile connection in Germany. Coz I read this:

The unlocked Nexus One would set you back by a cool USD 529, (Rs.25,000) which seems to be a good price for the phone of this calibre. That by the way sure does not look like the price at which the Nexus One will arrive officially in India! That said, the current iteration of the phone does NOT support the 3G bands that will be operational in India (hopefully, this year). However, Google has confirmed that more localized versions of the Nexus One is on the anvil -- so we have that bit covered.

Source:
Techtree.com India > News > Consumer Electronics > Google's Nexus One is Here

Shripad said:
engadget is iPhone fanboy club to be honest. The only thing that get them excited is something related to iPhone :p

They couldnt even resist posting non sarcastic news post about Nexus getting full flash 10.1 support.
So decent non negative review from engadget for android phone = phone is great :p
That dude is an idiot who does not even understand difference between GSM and CDMA networks or thinks all phones are dual mode phones.

Shri u missed my post i guess...i m serious about th fone or else might settle for hero.....when u keep that on sale after getting this :D

I am more excited about android than I am about Nexus One. I hope Nexus One spurs HTC/Nokia/Samsung/Sony Ericsson to produce good VFM Android phones. I was going to buy a Nokia 5800XM but now I have decided to wait for 2-3 months and buy the best Android phone I can get for under 20K.

This is a really bad time to buy a Smart phone. When so many awesome Android phones are just around the corner

Back