Google Chrome VS Mozilla Firefox

I find Chrome very difficult to use on my HD Monitor(1920X1080). With firefox, I use an addon to zoom each page to fit the width. Morover, Chrome doesn't have Zotero, without which an Internet browser is useless for me. So Firefox for my desktop. But on my Netbook, I prefer chrome, unless I have to search any science site.

baccilus said:
I find Chrome very difficult to use on my HD Monitor(1920X1080). With firefox, I use an addon to zoom each page to fit the width. Morover, Chrome doesn't have Zotero, without which an Internet browser is useless for me. So Firefox for my desktop. But on my Netbook, I prefer chrome, unless I have to search any science site.
You might be having specs,i can see very clearly on chrome and firefox,firefox is slow as a turtle compared to chrome,chrome does not crash on my system,chrome addons are pretty good even when compared to firefox's,i find safari nice too,but it takes time to load.

Chrome crashes in minutes for me too. The whole "heavy on resources" isn't really as much of an issue unless you are pre-P4 machine.

Udit said:
firefox+addons > chrome+addons > chrome > opera > firefox > ie > safari

I love chrome addons but still not everything I need is possible even after adding
+1. I am currently sticking with Firefox only because of the few main plugins I use are not available(as good as in Firefox) in Chrome.

damn said:
Chrome crashes in minutes for me too. The whole "heavy on resources" isn't really as much of an issue unless you are pre-P4 machine.
Not necessary.
Heavy was in terms of the page loading on a slow internet connection.
Those who complain of chrome crashing i suggest you download the latest stable version than a beta or developer version.

Opera(user friendly, overall very good, lacks some features of firefox) > Firefox(by far a very good browser but slow) > Chrome(crashes(newer version too), very fast) > Safari(fast but not upto the mark) > IE(I never use it)

Firefox + addons . i use iron browser (based on chrome source - googles objective) when feed reading with 20+ windows

Firefox + addons makes one hell of a browser...

I can wait a few more milliseconds for a page to load, but cannot sacrifice the addons.

thanks for all the input ! it looks like everyone is a die hard firefox fan XD

i'll try using it with some addons if i can.

i'm going to try zotero. didn't know it existed until i read these posts : P

joel.monty said:
You might be having specs,i can see very clearly on chrome and firefox,firefox is slow as a turtle compared to chrome,chrome does not crash on my system,chrome addons are pretty good even when compared to firefox's,i find safari nice too,but it takes time to load.
Yes I wear specs. But the problem is the Chrome just covers the middle 50% of my monitor. I admit it is faster and lighter on resources but this is a niggle I just can't ignore.

I use chrome, FF and IE. Used Opera and Avant in the past. Used Avant when IE was 5.x. It is just a wrapper around IE.

My choice is chrome and FF. Chrome scores on simplicity and quick start.

FF scores on better organization.

One horrible thing about chrome is that it uses a fresh process for each tab you open. If you are the type with many tabs/windows, you'll see the task manager loaded with numerous instances of chrome.

Emil said:
One horrible thing about chrome is that it uses a fresh process for each tab you open. If you are the type with many tabs/windows, you'll see the task manager loaded with numerous instances of chrome.
This was advertised as a very useful feature in Chrome. Each tab is running as a separate thread, so in case any webpage results in a crash, it won't crash the whole browser as it is in other browsers, only that particular tab crashes.

Yes, each Chrome tab is treated as it's own individual process to prevent crashing of all your tabs together.

BTW is there any similar thing available for Firefox (like by using add-on etc.)? That is kill specific problem tab, without killing the firefox process? :ashamed:

Emil said:
How is Chrome making the Task manager look crowded a horrible feature?

Back