OC & Modding Good value thermal paste.

Thanks for the input. It seems like Kryonaut is usually considered the best, but the issue is it's too expensive (too little amount).

599 at PrimeABGB

There's also Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut but that's not to be used for Aluminium surfaces.

Unpopular opinion, but I feel a lot of the expensive stuff only matters when you have a lot of money to spend or are doing heavy OC and stuff. Unless you fit into those categories I feel, If you buy a reasonably priced tube from a reputable brand, you should be good. I bought a Cooler Master maker which I got for a very good price 2-400 (cant remember) from the IT Depot. Was using Thermal Grizzly before and I have not found any huge difference in CPU temps.(a friend gave me the leftover tube of TG)

Story maybe a bit different for GPUs so do take my advice with a pinch of salt.
exactly same experience i had. Was using thermal grizzly before, then switched to a cooler master one. very small difference, if any. I dont OC or anything.
Approx how many times can 3.5gm be used? Asking because I have no idea if it is 2 or 20.
Probably somewhere in between. 8-10 times. The Cooler master 4g i have, i used it on multiple builds, on 2 laptops and still have some left over.
One usage should be a pea sized amount and spread it. If you apply a lot, then it will finish fast.

Last edited:
I am not sure how relevant is this here, but this is what gets used in apple service center here in India. One pouch for one device. They don't have a giant thermal paste box, instead they use these pouches which consists of thermal paste and alcohol dipped cloth which when opened is one time use only. All this to mitigate the issue of shelf life perhaps, also there is no need to reuse the thermal paste from old tube of pervious device, they just use the new one.

Attachments

• IMG_2023.JPG
    IMG_2023.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2024.JPG
    IMG_2024.JPG
    259.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2025.JPG
    IMG_2025.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2026.JPG
    IMG_2026.JPG
    276.9 KB · Views: 40
The temperature difference is very negligible among the various branded pastes. Having tried AS5, MX2, CM master gel(i think), deepcool and TG Kryonaut, nearly all the good brands get the job done. If you are not min maxing, spending a lot to get the very best is no use. I had better results when lapping CPU cooler surface (ages ago not sure if thats still a thing)

Back