Good place in Delhi to buy N70?

Params7

Skilled
Yes, i'll be buying one in a week or less.

Somebody know a place in Delhi from where i can purchase a genuine n70 with its price?

Also, i need to purchase a gig's mmc with it too, should i buy that online from ebay or should i get it from someplace else?

thanks for any help.

lolz dont even think of buyinf frm Ebay...they are damn expensive...
Get the MMC from NEhru place
As for the phone..get it from the Nokia priority centres...if you dont want to buy from there...i suggest you head up to either CP or Lajpat Nagar..
The best shop would be the one under the escalators in the Metropolitan Mall...

IceFusion said:
lolz dont even think of buyinf frm Ebay...they are damn expensive...
Get the MMC from NEhru place
As for the phone..get it from the Nokia priority centres...if you dont want to buy from there...i suggest you head up to either CP or Lajpat Nagar..
The best shop would be the one under the escalators in the Metropolitan Mall...
Bang on there ICE... You are the man :)...

Also try to buy mainly from the Nokia Priority dealers only... I buy most of mine from either Noida or South-Ex...

What's the price i should expect from priority dealers? If its above 23k, then i'm better off getting one from CP or Lajpat as Ice stated.

Switch said:
Bang on there ICE... You are the man :)...

Also try to buy mainly from the Nokia Priority dealers only... I buy most of mine from either Noida or South-Ex...

Metropolitan -> Gurgaon? Don't remember a store there under the elevators, wasn't that in DT's, across the road? The store in Metropolitan was near the entrance, opposite the McDonald's..

params7 said:
bought it just now, for 21.5k from a prority deal near G.k. Loving this baby, all i can say :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:
I feel just the opposite... actually my uncle bought this for me... and I hated it.. I actually expected a larger screen than the 6630 as Nokia was really touting this model... the screen is way smaller though and its noticable....
Left it with my folks back home... sis maybe using it..:p she'll have the 2 best phones in college maybe....:bleh: other one being an equally crappy IMHO 7610...

lol, the screen size is almost the same dimensions as those on a 6630. The keypads had to be cramped for the screen size, i really don't see a noticeable difference. Its still way larger than some of the top phones out right now like K750i or W800. Somehow i don't see this alone the reason for dumping this phone unless you're like a screen freak, i guess you'd be satisfied with SE 'P' series, N 7710 or PDA's.

params7 said:
lol, the screen size is almost the same dimensions as those on a 6630. The keypads had to be cramped for the screen size, i really don't see a noticeable difference. Its still way larger than some of the top phones out right now like K750i or W800. Somehow i don't see this alone the reason for dumping this phone unless you're like a screen freak, i guess you'd be satisfied with SE 'P' series, N 7710 or PDA's.
Yeah I need the bigger screenies.. I'm looking for a 320*240 pixel one with decent MP3 player at least...

I like to carry MP3's on both my cells... and the 6630 has a 256 MB card only for music... the 6270 looks good too....
Later on the 6630 may be axed too probably for an SE 990i or something...

Actually I always need ta have 2 phones... 1 a more multimedia music'ish one and the other more on biz features...

vandal said:
Yeah I need the bigger screenies.. I'm looking for a 320*240 pixel one with decent MP3 player at least...

I like to carry MP3's on both my cells... and the 6630 has a 256 MB card only for music... the 6270 looks good too....

Later on the 6630 may be axed too probably for an SE 990i or something...

Actually I always need ta have 2 phones... 1 a more multimedia music'ish one and the other more on biz features...

How about i good multimedia phone with a big screen and a couple of gig mmc's? One for business and one for music/entertainment. This will be much easier to handle than a couple of different mobile phones, not to mention changing the sims and all....

Both SE p910i(25-27k) and N 7710 (20k+1mp camera) have extra large screens with good music playback. Both are symbians. If you don't have a budget that big then settle for 6630 music edition (though i think they're actually rare). If you'll be settling for 6680 then it makes no sense in dropping the N70 as its actually better then 6680 in almost everything.

Oh and btw i was benchmarking N70's music playing capabilities. Here's some notes in comparison with SE W550i which my friend has -

The quality of music playback (mp3' tested only) is basically the same. Unless you are really, really hardcore, its almost 'impossible' to actually make out a difference between the two. I played mp3's through N70 in-built music program.

Now the volume, W550i is slightly 'lower' Very slightly, but noticeable. W550i's max volume (same song tested!) was actually lower than N70's by a very small extent. BUT the headphones that came with N70 also came with headphone coushions which are really good, they almost block the outside noise. But W550i' headphones have no contest. They were obviously way ahead, they literally blocked any outside noise so you could get the max effect of the volume.

Now due to N70's Symbian abilities i installed POWERmp3 application, which provides an excellent equalizer. This more or less rocked on par with W550i'. The equalizer has DB bar which can be increased maximum to almost 3x the max volume the W550i could reach (you'd be deaf if you listened to it continously for 5 mins!!) but also with a hella' lot of clipping. Putting the marker reasonable above the mid point of the DB bar, provided STRICT ON-PAR volume and quality with the W550i max volume!

I didn't have the chance to test W800i and K750i though, the real grandmasters but i'll find someone with it eventually and do a test with it too. But from what i hear, W550i and W800i don't differ that much.

Feel free to ask any more questions.

params7 said:
How about i good multimedia phone with a big screen and a couple of gig mmc's? One for business and one for music/entertainment. This will be much easier to handle than a couple of different mobile phones, not to mention changing the sims and all....
Both SE p910i(25-27k) and N 7710 (20k+1mp camera) have extra large screens with good music playback. Both are symbians. If you don't have a budget that big then settle for 6630 music edition (though i think they're actually rare). If you'll be settling for 6680 then it makes no sense in dropping the N70 as its actually better then 6680 in almost everything.

Oh and btw i was benchmarking N70's music playing capabilities. Here's some notes in comparison with SE W550i which my friend has -

The quality of music playback (mp3' tested only) is basically the same. Unless you are really, really hardcore, its almost 'impossible' to actually make out a difference between the two. I played mp3's through N70 in-built music program.
Now the volume, W550i is slightly 'lower' Very slightly, but noticeable. W550i's max volume (same song tested!) was actually lower than N70's by a very small extent. BUT the headphones that came with N70 also came with headphone coushions which are really good, they almost block the outside noise. But W550i' headphones have no contest. They were obviously way ahead, they literally blocked any outside noise so you could get the max effect of the volume.

Now due to N70's Symbian abilities i installed POWERmp3 application, which provides an excellent equalizer. This more or less rocked on par with W550i'. The equalizer has DB bar which can be increased maximum to almost 3x the max volume the W550i could reach (you'd be deaf if you listened to it continously for 5 mins!!) but also with a hella' lot of clipping. Putting the marker reasonable above the mid point of the DB bar, provided STRICT ON-PAR volume and quality with the W550i max volume!

I didn't have the chance to test W800i and K750i though, the real grandmasters but i'll find someone with it eventually and do a test with it too. But from what i hear, W550i and W800i don't differ that much.

Feel free to ask any more questions.
Well when u put it that way.... and so many praises for the N70... I juts hated that its screen was smaller than the 6630... Well its not so bad.. and MP3 is definitely better than the 6630...

How I carry - no pouches (mumbai chor's) so 1 in each pocket... friend has the 7710 didn't like....

Anybody know a place from where i can get 'Ad-15' audio adapter for 3.5mm headphone jack?

I'll be leaving for a 4-5 day holiday tomorrow evening so it'll be great if i could purchase the adapter now....

params7 said:
Anybody know a place from where i can get 'Ad-15' audio adapter for 3.5mm headphone jack?

I'll be leaving for a 4-5 day holiday tomorrow evening so it'll be great if i could purchase the adapter now....

What would this adapter cost? seems like the solution to my problems...

PS instead i didn't answer how i carried the cells... one in each pocket and the N70 in a pouch on my belt when I'm in formals...the 6630 stays hidden... my secret weapon...:p

here's the music edition link - http://europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,85808,00.html

seems the same except the bigger card and the adapter

Back