Good Broadband connection in Kolkata

nj_gamer

Adept
Jul 9, 2006
Hi All,

I am in kolkata right now, and was using airtel broadband with my previous roommates, now that i have shifted to salt lake, i had applied for airtel and after 20-25 days they tell me its not possible since their distribution box is full or something, they won't be able to provide me the connection. What pathetic customer service i must say! In spite of repeated assurances, they finally tell its not possible.

Anyways enough of rants, Any idea which Broadband connection i should take in kolkata?

Regards

krishnandu

Skilled
Dec 25, 2009
Kolkata
www.krishnandusarkar.com
^^He posted this thread by getting fedup of Airtel.

Well I vote for Wishnet. Good and really cheap rates plans and Good Customer Service.

They will give you the connection by the evening if you call them up in morning. Same for servicing :)

nj_gamer

Adept
Jul 9, 2006
Thing is i was satisfied with airtel in my old room, but since i shifted to salt lake, the distribution box for airtel was full, they have a pathetic customer service, at least for getting a new connection, but the service was decent in the old room. Maybe it was circumstances, but right now airtel is NOT an option. Now there is another ISP called ORTEL, but ppl say frequent disconnections happen, even in this forum there are contradictory statements regarding the local ISPs (Wishnet/alliance/etc).

So which one do i finally apply for? I want an unlimited connection with no disturbance to Bittorrent. Also it should be reliable. I have asked around for photon+ but their plans are pathetic, also i donno if reliance works here, because i never get throught thheir customer service number since its always busy. Help would be greatly appreciated :)

Regards

nj_gamer

Adept
Jul 9, 2006
I'm getting contradictory statements regarding the local isps, come on guys please give me some suggestions :)

mrbgupta

Recruit
Jan 4, 2007
English_bb.jpg

Anubis

Skilled
Nov 12, 2009
BSNL UL 1350 offering 512kbps unlimited is the best and reliable broadband plan in Kolkata .

BSNL has very rare packet loss and very good ping times

Try BSNL UL 1350

nj_gamer

Adept
Jul 9, 2006
Thanks :) Hopefully i'll get one, since i'm staying in a rented room, and i heard its tough to get a BSNL connection, unless you have a permanent address...

mrbgupta

Recruit
Jan 4, 2007
Rent receipt , Agreement on non-judicial stamp paper between you as tenant and your landlord, your bank statement mentioning this address .Any one will work I think.

dragon

Disciple
Feb 18, 2007
Kolkata
yes the agreement or bank passbook of the address you are staying .......... I am too in a rented flat in Kolkata but enjoying BB for last 2 yrs.

nj_gamer

Adept
Jul 9, 2006
@all

For BSNL, i kept calling them and it didn't work out. I got an Ortel connection... Hope its fine... 660/- for 512 mbps Unlimited. Thanks for the suggestions, really appreciated :)

Regards