Good all-in-one wireless router with ADSL2+ modem

beginner007

Disciple
Hi Friends

I need a wireless router for my home networking. But I'm confused to buy which type of router, ie, pure wireless router or wireless router with a modem. Currently there is a optical fiber broadband connection (Beam telecom) to my home with a RJ45 interface. So I can go for pure wireless router.

But, lets say tomorrow I'll move to a place where there is no optical fiber broadband connection and I can use only ADSL+ DSL connection (like BSNL or Airtel). Then I'll have to have a ADSL2+ modem + router, which has only 1 RJ11 DSL port (input) and other LAN RJ45 ports (output). And this can not be used a pure wireless router like above.

So I want a all-in-one wireless modem+router with one DSL port(RJ11), one WAN port(RJ45) and other LAN ports(RJ45). Please suggest me one, if they exist or a better device which can be used in above both situations.

Or, Do you think its better to have 2 separate devices, a pure wireless router and a pure ADSL+modem ? Please suggest.

Thank you.

At present I am having Linksys WAG 200G,( Modem+router) http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-eu/support/gateways/WAG200G and the performance is pretty good. Only draw back i found is that it has onky 10/100 WAN port. But the wireless performance is awesome. i use it on the first floor, and it gives pretty good signals on the ground floor too.
Sometimes it makes sense to use them 2 separate devices,, cos many routers come with USB port, which will be helpful for you in downloading when your PC is off.

Thank you for your reply.

But I'm not asking about the performance of any wireless router, rather want a wireless router with a build in modem which HAVE
1. 1 RJ11 DSL port
2. 1 RJ45 WAN port
3. 1/2/3/4 RJ45 LAN port
4. 1 USB port
which will be a all-in-one home networking solution, which can work with either DSL broadband or with cable broadband.

spd_20120116115040_b.jpg
beginner007 it does have a WAN RJ45 Jack highlighted above !!!!

id any day suggest using 2 devices modem and a wifi router seperately, cos you have 2 points of isolation.... Remember one thing never rely on "Jack of all trades and master of none"

Back